Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Five Big Fights in 2012

• 27-02-2012 5:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

So, what will 2012 bring and who will captivate and hypnotise the masses? Here are five fights that i cannot wait to see in 2012:

Rashad Evans v Jon Jones

Chael Sonnen v Anderson Silva – The Rematch

Junior dos Santos v Alistair Overeem

Carlos Condit v Nick Diaz v Georges St-Pierre

Frankie Edgar v Jose Aldo

Fight fans would have to fasten their seat belts for this one, not blink an eye and try to enjoy the ride in what would surely be a fight of the year contender.#

Are you ready?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Prob best in the MMA forum.

Frankie Edgar v Jose Aldo isn't exactly a made fight yet.
    The next WW title fight is still up in the air. Diaz suspended. GSP injuried.
    sonned silva II should be good. And Jones Evans will be a very hyped fight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Addykip wrote: »
    Carlos Condit v Nick Diaz v Georges St-Pierre

Can't beat a Triple Threat match in a PPV.

Mellor wrote: »
    And Jones Evans will be a very hyped fight.

Can't wait to hear the next injury excuse from either of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

Henderson Pettis II for the Lightweight title..... thats if Edgar doesn't get an immediate rematch, which he probably should. But would love to see that WEC repeat and hopefully Benson winning it.
    Hendo Rua II would be class if they did that again as well if he decides not to sit it out or else Condit Ellenburg for the interim ww belt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

PauloConn wrote: »
    Henderson Pettis II for the Lightweight title..... thats if Edgar doesn't get an immediate rematch, which he probably should. But would love to see that WEC repeat and hopefully Benson winning it.
    Hendo Rua II would be class if they did that again as well if he decides not to sit it out or else Condit Ellenburg for the interim ww belt.

I'd prefer Rampage vs Shogun 2 and Hendo vs Bader.

• Advertisement

Ush1 wrote: »
    I'd prefer Rampage vs Shogun 2 and Hendo vs Bader.

Hendo Bader would be a class fight, a far bigger test for Bader than Rampage. That guy has been overhyped the last 18 months or so. He's in the Ortiz bracket for me now and i'd like to see Shogun get someone who's not so dull and 1 dimensional.
    After the Shogun Hendo fight where Shogun was really working subs late on, I reckon Rampage would be outclassed completely by him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

PauloConn wrote: »
    Hendo Bader would be a class fight, a far bigger test for Bader than Rampage. That guy has been overhyped the last 18 months or so. He's in the Ortiz bracket for me now and i'd like to see Shogun get someone who's not so dull and 1 dimensional.
    After the Shogun Hendo fight where Shogun was really working subs late on, I reckon Rampage would be outclassed completely by him.

Shogun vs Phil Davis? Although Phil is one dimensional in another way really. Maybe Shogun vs the loser of Lil Nog and Gustaffson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Ray Mond

Henderson v winner of Evans and Jon jones.... I'd like to see him fight jones I think he would hurt him and test his chin.. Rampage is finished IMO he doesn't look commited at all anymore he wouldn't beat most top 10 LHW , And off the subject I think Kongo should be dropped most in consistent fighter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Ray Mond

Henderson v winner of Evans and Jon jones.... I'd like to see him fight jones I think he would hurt him and test his chin.. Rampage is finished IMO he doesn't look commited at all anymore he wouldn't beat most top 10 LHW , And off the subject I think Kongo should be dropped most in consistent fighter

Ush1 wrote: »
    Shogun vs Phil Davis? Although Phil is one dimensional in another way really. Maybe Shogun vs the loser of Lil Nog and Gustaffson.

Now that would be an interesting fight, as long as Shogun came in as fit as possible.
    Yeah, Davis is a good fighter, needs to improve the other areas of his game, he looked so lost against Evans.
    But back to the main point, in LHW, its the fights to get to Jones that look more interesting than the fights with Jones (with exception of Evans, don't think Hendo could do much to him).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭nino1

if bj comes out of retirement this year, penn v's henderson would be a cool fight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

nino1 wrote: »
    if bj comes out of retirement this year, penn v's henderson would be a cool fight

Perhaps. but only if BJ can be arsed. If not, what we'd see is a competitive fight for 2 rounds and then a complete destruction by Bendo! Did you see him at the start of the 5th round? He could've went another 5 rounds after that fight from the looks of things!

Yeah, i think BJ is done now, he can't hang with people of that relentless pace like Henderson, Guida, Edgar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭weemcd

We only really have fights up until july this year, still a lot of time in there.

I'd be very interested in who Cain Velasquez fights next, no way he was fit for that fight with JDS, something just didn't look right about him before the fight even started. Him versus mir or werdum would be a very decent fight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

weemcd wrote: »
    We only really have fights up until july this year, still a lot of time in there.

I'd be very interested in who Cain Velasquez fights next, no way he was fit for that fight with JDS, something just didn't look right about him before the fight even started. Him versus mir or werdum would be a very decent fight

If i'm not mistaken Frank Mir is next for Cain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 SeanieMurphy

this Chael Sonnen v Anderson Silva – The Rematch is confirmed now cant wait for this one wha

hope chael sonnen takes him out this time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

this Chael Sonnen v Anderson Silva – The Rematch is confirmed now cant wait for this one wha

hope chael sonnen takes him out this time

Was this not confirmed a good while ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭BREDNEP

Nate Diaz vs Jim Miller.
    Alan Belcher vs. Rousimar Palhares
    Edson Barboza vs. Evan Dunham
    Vitor Belfort vs. Wanderlei Silva
    Dominick Cruz vs. Urijah Faber
    And whoever Ellenberger, Shogun,Werdum get matched up with.

Advertisement