Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

50 Berkeley Square

Options
  • 27-02-2012 7:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Okay, well I'm kind of new around here, this is my first posting on any forum on this website, and having a certain interest in paranormal happenings, I thought I'd ask first of all how many people on here are familiar with the occurrences at the above address in London. I haven't been able to find any postings about it on here but I would think that given the amount of attention it has provoked over the years, there must be some few at the very least, who are familiar with the tale.
    Presuming this to be true then, I thought I'd ask for people's opinions on it. The present occupants of the premises, a firm of antiquarian book sellers who have been there apparently since 1937, say that nothing of a paranormal nature is going on there, and if they have been there all these years perhaps they're right - but I wonder...stories persist of strange,
    eerie lights that have been observed in the top-floor windows by passers-by late at night, so maybe all is not so innocent there as the occupants allege. They don't use the top floor, it's kept solidly locked and bolted by all accounts and considering what is supposed to have happened there, I'm not surprised that it is. When I hear people say "Oh ghosts can't do you any harm!", I always think of this place.
    So fire away folks, let me know what you think of it, fom the very basic question..."Is it a ghost?" - And if it isn't, then what is it?
    And if anybody on here should be planning a trip to London in the near (or not-too-distant) future, maybe they could arrange to take a stroll past this place at an appropriate time of the evening, just to see if there might be something to see in those top-floor windows...
    Regards...Sassenach70

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Sassenach70

Postscript to the above...this isn't London Ontario, it's London UK...(You never know what the canucks might think...)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

In regards 50 Berkeley Sq., it got its reputation from the Haunted London book, and according to its wiki page modern day investigators claim nothing untoward has ever happened there, bar the stories of a few people dying in the attic. there doesnt seem to be any concrete details about who the people where that died. Ive love to see the death certificate that says "frightened to death".

Advertisement