Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanted: Amstrad CPC 464/664/6128 AND Commodore 64

Options
  • 27-02-2012 10:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,876 ✭✭✭

As the title says, I'm looking for an Amstrad CPC 464/664/6128 and a Commodore 64.

Have a few items up for trade that I can trade with if anyone has these.

Edit:
    I got myself a C64 so still looking for the Amstrad.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

I'v 2 Amstrad 464s;
    Do you know the polarity? No idea if they work and I can't find the polarity of them on the net

• Registered Users Posts: 8,876 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I'v 2 Amstrad 464s;
    Do you know the polarity? No idea if they work and I can't find the polarity of them on the net

Not sure, the only thing I found on polarity was on this page.

http://mcbx.netne.net/computers/8bit/amstradcpc/index.htm

Power supply:
    dcjack.PNG
    Two DC connectors: On the computer:
    - FEMALE for 5V at 2A (1 - Ground, 2 - +5V)
    - MALE for 12V at 0.4A (1 - +12V, 2 - Ground)

Notice reversed polarity for 12V male plug!

Reversing it will DAMAGE YOUR COMPUTER!

I'll check to see if it turns on tonight; no way to connect it to a monitor though as these don't seem to have RF?

Light comes on and I can hear the speaker (not making any particular noise)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

@ Steve SI - What you got for trade?

• Advertisement

hellboy99 wrote: »
    @ Steve SI - What you got for trade?

Good few things.
    Amiga CD32, 3 Game Boy Advance Sp's, arcade monitor.
    You looking for anything in particular?

Have all them, but thanks. One thing I am really looking for at the minute is a Numark Mixtrack Pro DJ controller.

I have an Amstrad 464 if you were interested: http://www.adverts.ie/other-computers/amstrad-cpc-464-computer-62-games/951638

hellboy99 wrote: »
    Have all them, but thanks. One thing I am really looking for at the minute is a Numark Mixtrack Pro DJ controller.

I have an Amstrad 464 if you were interested: http://www.adverts.ie/other-computers/amstrad-cpc-464-computer-62-games/951638

No probs.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 kevinfod

Hi,
    Are you still looking for an Amstrad cpc464? Have one i'm looking to get rid of, has a voice synthesiser add on i got, or at least thats what i think it is. Just took it out of the attic, turns on, basic prompt, all working as far as i can tell. Trying to find the games i had for it to try loading one.

Kev.

kevinfod wrote: »
    Hi,
    Are you still looking for an Amstrad cpc464? Have one i'm looking to get rid of, has a voice synthesiser add on i got, or at least thats what i think it is. Just took it out of the attic, turns on, basic prompt, all working as far as i can tell. Trying to find the games i had for it to try loading one.

Kev.

Hey, yeah still on the lookout for one.
    Got any pics of it, everything working fine?

Thanks

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

If its any use to anyone else out there I've a spare one as well that I'd probably trade
    (no monitor though so you'd need to get an RGB Scart adaptor off ebay)

As far as i know its all working fine alright but will try to find those games and test it. I'll get some pics for ya

I'm pretty sure I have a new RGB scart for the 464 that I picked up on a mad cable buying spree I did a month or two ago.

Anyway, What kind of stuff are you guys looking to trade for the Amstrad?

Steve SI wrote: »
    What you got?

For trade I have a mint NeoGeo pocket color in box, an almost mint (few marks on back) Game Boy Color in box, Amiga 600 case, amiga 600 keyb, external Amiga floppy drive, a boxed Sony Pocketstation. The boxes for the handhelds are all mint as well.
    Not sure what else really, I'll have a look tomorrow as I'm clearing out some retro bits then.

For trade I hav
    e a mint NeoGeo pocket color in box, an almost mint (few marks on back) Game Boy Color in box, Amiga 600 case, amiga 600 keyb, external Amiga floppy drive, a boxed Sony Pocketstation. The boxes for the handhelds are all mint as well.
    Not sure what else really, I'll have a look tomorrow as I'm clearing out some retro bits then.
    Hey steve , dont want to tread on hellboys toes here so hes in first for trade! . Mind you the amiga drive and NG pocket sound nice. Oh yeah , still have that jornada and psion if you want them ( sorry, im the least organised person on earth!)

Dr Bob wrote: »
    Hey steve , dont want to tread on hellboys toes here so hes in first for trade! . Mind you the amiga drive and NG pocket sound nice. Oh yeah , still have that jornada and psion if you want them ( sorry, im the least organised person on earth!)
    You can work away with what Steve has posted in his post there Bob, nothing has caught my eye yet :pac:

Hey, have you got an pics of the Amstrad? Does it come with everything except the monitor?
    cheers

Hey, have you got an pics of the Amstrad? Does it come with everything except the monitor?
    cheers
    Hi
    quick pic here , (just have it up on a knackered Dell case.)
    th_IMG_20120923_150723_zps30669e7a.jpg
    It's fairly self contained , barring the scart cable , the only other thing needed is a PSU , (The 464 normally pulls power from the monitor ), I have a replacement psu going with it that I got from Retro Computer Shack with the right wattage on ebay that works fine.

• Advertisement

Hi
    It's fairly self contained , barring the scart cable , the only other thing needed is a PSU , (The 464 normally pulls power from the monitor ), I have a replacement psu going with it that I got from Retro Computer Shack with the right wattage on ebay that works fine.

Looks decent, have you tested it at all?

Hi

Looks decent, have you tested it at all?
    Had it up and working a while back and it was grand .Ill fire it up tonight to make sure its still ok ( I havent done the audio in mod on this fella so ill have to dig up some amstrad tapes)

Finally tracked down the games etc for the Amstrad, here's a couple of pics, but there's loads of games and Amstrad magazines there too.

Pics - one of it up and running, with Rescue on Fractalus loaded, one of the SSA-1 stereo amplifier attached, and one of the SSA-1 box.

I'm pretty sure I have a new RGB scart for the 464 that I picked up on a mad cable buying spree I did a month or two ago.

Not sure, open to offers. I don't have the room for retro stuff at the mo, and would prefer to see someone have it that would get use out of it rather than it just sitting on top of the wardrobe.

kevinfod wrote: »
    Not sure, open to offers. I don't have the room for retro stuff at the mo, and would prefer to see someone have it that would get use out of it rather than it just sitting on top of the wardrobe.

It looks great and I do miss the green screen from my youth when it used to burn my retinas to bits :D
    But again, what are you looking for it? This is a trade only forum so we cant talk about buying or selling anything, only trades.
    I posted what I have to trade a bit earlier in the tread. I might have other stuff but I'll need to check.

Ah, missed it was the trade forum, I just did a search for "wanted Amstrad CPC464" and clicked the link straight to this thread. Well, if you have non-retro stuff to trade maybe, if that's allowed in this forum? Or I might just put a for sale ad up for it.

I did an inventory, have a load of games for it (forgot most of them), as well as a MP-1 modulator/power supply which I think should allow it be connected to a tv, assuming its working of course, and the SSA-1 speech synthesiser/stereo amplifier.

I put up a for sale ad for it, so you can see more pics and the list of games etc I have with it

http://www.adverts.ie/other-computers/amstrad-cpc-464-games-accessories/2128047

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement