Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Archery News

• 27-02-2012 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi,

I thought I'd introduce myself here, I'm the PR Officer for Archery Ireland.

I hope to be contacting people around the country who are involved with the IAAA and try to get some more promotion of the sport locally and nationally.

I'd love to hear what ideas people may have and I'd really love to hear what everyone is up to so I can start to build a list of local and national events, contacts and soundbites/news snippets.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Stephen

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭maguffin

Maybe you can answer a question (one that has been asked in a previous posting here, but as yet has no answer).....this is 2012, the year of the Olympics in the UK...and we here in Ireland do not know if we even have a team/individuals going forward to this event! On the archery.ie site the latest news is from September 2011!! ....hardly 'latest'.

So...do we have a Team(s)? going to the Olympics?? and why is the info not up to date on the Archery Ireland site?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 stephen.shortt

Hi Maguffin,

My understanding is that we have a few archers who have been carded, meaning they are clear for funding to compete in the Olympics if they make the grades in some FITA competitions.

There are a few more events before May both in Ireland and abroad where these archers can look to get their scores up to the necessary level and then on to fight for Olympic glory!

As for the latest news section, I'm hoping to take a certain amount of responsibility for the upkeep of that part of the site and keep as many interested parties informed as to what's happening in the sport in Ireland. I'll let you know soon if I can be blamed for updates in the future!

Are you involved in Archery yourself?

Thank you for the prompt reply....will be watching for updates on the Archery site.

I'm currently taking a long break from the sport.

Well, if you ever want to give it a shot again, there are quite a few clubs around the country now!

Well, if you ever want to give it a shot again, there are quite a few clubs around the country now!

Oh I know...anyway, I started archery around 1984...right up to early 2000s....enjoying the break...who knows?

Keep your group in the middle!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Callipo

Hi,

Your website IAAA is a disgrace.

Outdated information and club information.
    Lack of updates.

Brutal tbh.

I would like to offer some positives but regretfully I have to just be honest.

Callipo wrote: »
    Hi,

Your website IAAA is a disgrace.

Outdated information and club information.
    Lack of updates.

Brutal tbh.

I would like to offer some positives but regretfully I have to just be honest.

Hi Callipo,

A bit direct but you're not wrong... :)

The site is in need of some proper upkeep. All I can tell you is it's in the process of being moved onto a new server and then I hope we can start tinkering with it.

I hope you'll come back and have a look - and again give me your honest opinion - when we are done.

Stephen

• Registered Users Posts: 2 FearEile

Hi Callipo,

A bit direct but you're not wrong... :)

The site is in need of some proper upkeep. All I can tell you is it's in the process of being moved onto a new server and then I hope we can start tinkering with it.

I hope you'll come back and have a look - and again give me your honest opinion - when we are done.

Stephen

Hi,

When can we expect some or any improvement for that matter? I really do hope something is done with it soon as I agree Callipo, it's an absolute disgrace.

FearEile wrote: »
    Hi,

When can we expect some or any improvement for that matter? I really do hope something is done with it soon as I agree Callipo, it's an absolute disgrace.

I must agree also... the NEWS is still 1 YEAR out of date!!!

Compare with the equivalent website in the UK....

http://www.archerygb.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 36 bjpower

maguffin wrote: »
    I must agree also... the NEWS is still 1 YEAR out of date!!!

Compare with the equivalent website in the UK....

http://www.archerygb.org/

why not wright some news articles for him?
    were you at the open/nationals this year?
    if so you could write about it and pm it to him.
    or if you took photos you could send them on too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 FearEile

bjpower wrote: »

I see your point, why not do something about it instead of complaining about it, right?
    But I believe the real issue is, the info is already in their hands, it's just not being used. Even if ordinary members did write up stories, took pictures and submitted them I have no faith whatsoever that these would posted. These guys undertook the responsibility for keeping the things up to date when they were nominated and they accepted their respective posts.
    It's not just news that is lacking. Up to date club information is missing, previous shoot results are missing.
    This website is a major interface for the public who would be, are interested in archery and if we truly want to grow and develop the sport of archery in this country then it needs to be better.

bjpower wrote: »

I am no longer involved actively in archery, however, I still try to keep up with news and events....but if these are not available through the principal Irish archery website because it is not kept up to date.

For example..leading up to the Olympics there was absolutely no information regarding the possibility that we might have a team and or individuals competing.

Advertisement