Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC - EPC2425 Router signal loss

• 27-02-2012 11:11am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭

Ok so lately I've been noticing a pretty big signal range drop on my wireless router. I live in a 2 bed, not-so-big apartment. Router in bedroom at one end, TV / PS3 etc in living room at the other end.
    For about a week now the signal has dropped in the living room. I'm lucky to get a connection and if I do, it drops very often. Laptop, mobile and PS3 will often lose the connections (phone most of all)
    I can actually stand at the exact point in the apartment (hallway between bedroom and living room) where the signal drops dramatically. Full in bedroom - step hallway - 4 bars - move phone to other side of my body - Nothing or one bar if lucky.

I've been debating disabling the wireless on the UPC router and connecting another router to do the wireless job. Thinking of getting THIS E4200

I've tried the usual power cycles, changing wireless channels etc. but nothing has made a difference.
    Any ideas on this router? Has anyone experience with it? Or has anyone some pointers I could try on the POS - UPC router?

Many Thanks.

Nox

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Just noticed the sticky. Posting there. Mods please delete this as I cannot find an option to do so :)

Advertisement