Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kebili - what happened?

Options
  • 27-02-2012 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭

If someone could please post up what happened and how we lost the land yesterday it would be beneficial.

I wasn't around all day, so apologies for not being there.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I was in our secondary battle at the time (and fighting a unspecified cold that's doing my head in) but from what I picked up from TS (from Bruffio who kept on cursing humself because he made a wrong call which is human nature to do) we were to defensive (keeping the IS-7s at the dune rather then pushing for their base) and they used 4 mediums to spot our arty (they had 2 arty) once their E100/Mauses had come in close enough to soak up damage coming down the main road to get them in to our base relatively safely.

Don't know more then that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭DesperateCry

Our base was invaded by mediums after a while (3-4..definitely 3 but I don't remember if there was 4th); taking out all artillery, followed by 4-5 tier10 tanks came from west while our main force is on north. Main force tried to go back to dafense but I think at that point their artillery picked people off. It did take a lot of time, but they killed all ours with artillery support.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Our base was invaded by mediums after a while (3-4..definitely 3 but I don't remember if there was 4th); taking out all artillery, followed by 4-5 tier10 tanks came from west while our main force is on north. Main force tried to go back to dafense but I think at that point their artillery picked people off. It did take a lot of time, but they killed all ours with artillery support.

Did noone try to get distance? Down to K1 or something to try hold out for a draw? And what about the other Clans - did anyone else try to attack us to thwart them?

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭ZZR1100

i was also in the support battle, so i dont know, but there was a lot of discussing afterwards on TS. we had 38 players online and only managed to get 12 in the support battle after many pleas. there is no way there was 11 afk.
    Dan can fill you in on the details as i had to go, but we decided that a new player purge was needed and there was also talk again about returning to to old forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Fionn Mc Coule

Did noone try to get distance? Down to K1 or something to try hold out for a draw? And what about the other Clans - did anyone else try to attack us to thwart them?

We ran with the sucessfull tactic that we always use, the only thing was we didnt push early enough, they ran a good tactic, more mediums than normal, that got our arty spotted quick from different directions. Not much that we could have done tbh, and as far as it being Bruffs fault, no it wasn't.

• Advertisement

We ran with the sucessfull tactic that we always use, the only thing was we didnt push early enough, they ran a good tactic, more mediums than normal, that got our arty spotted quick from different directions. Not much that we could have done tbh, and as far as it being Bruffs fault, no it wasn't.

Who said anything about it being Bruff's fault? :confused:

I was just curious as to what went wrong with defending it, wasn't attempting to place blame with anyone (if that comment was directed at me).

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭DesperateCry

No, actually bruffio was saying that it is his fault several times :)

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Fionn Mc Coule

Nody wrote: »
    I was in our secondary battle at the time (and fighting a unspecified cold that's doing my head in) but from what I picked up from TS (from Bruffio who kept on cursing humself because he made a wrong call which is human nature to do) we were to defensive (keeping the IS-7s at the dune rather then pushing for their base) and they used 4 mediums to spot our arty (they had 2 arty) once their E100/Mauses had come in close enough to soak up damage coming down the main road to get them in to our base relatively safely.

Don't know more then that though.
    Who said anything about it being Bruff's fault? :confused:

I was just curious as to what went wrong with defending it, wasn't attempting to place blame with anyone (if that comment was directed at me).

no it was not, i was confiming Dans post :o sorry for confusion

No, actually bruffio was saying that it is his fault several times :)
    no it was not, i was confiming Dans post :o sorry for confusion

Ah right, ok :)

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Dathi Horizon

Bruff did a great job just unlucky with how things worked out, there 4 mediums came from all directions and wiped out our arty. There team and tactics was solid not much we could of done tbh.

• Advertisement
Advertisement