Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RNLI Helicopter - Seapoint Monkstown

Options
  • 27-02-2012 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭

Just saw the RNLI helicopter landing down towards monkstown dart station from my window, is there an excercise on down there or is someone in trouble?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

Not sure. I saw this happen some time last summer when the mini-zags were at one of the sailing schools down at Salthill. It gave me a bit of a fright. It could have been a drill, or it could have been a real one. I had to ring the sailing school to check if they had any issues but luckily they didn't and it was only a drill that day.

z

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

I think it's a drill, they've been landed for quite a while now....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

The RNLI and Coast Guard ( separate entities ) regularly do training exercises along the coast. The spot down on the green at Monkstown is large enough for the Sikorsky to safely land, and that particular area would see a lot of action from all the Sailing clubs in Dun Laoghaire, so it's a spot that's used regularly.
    Before I moved away with work, I was with the RNLI in DL and trained in conjunction with the Air Corps guys once or twice a year in that general area.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

just taken off now :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Follow them here and get to know what they're up to.
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rescue-116/154782867911438

• Advertisement
Advertisement