Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wiring question ?

• 27-02-2012 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭

hi all, please forgive the following question as i feel i should know the answer (but i don`t) anyhoo here goes, what is the correct wiring procedure for setting up a dsl modem, i know when i use the filter i put one wire in for the phone and one in for the modem, but as i have to make up the cables due to an awkward placement of equiptment i was wondering do i connect up all the 4 wires in the phone line to the jacks or just the inside 2 wires for both phone and modem use,

many thanks all,

apophis :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭jbkenn

apophis wrote: »
    hi all, please forgive the following question as i feel i should know the answer (but i don`t) anyhoo here goes, what is the correct wiring procedure for setting up a dsl modem, i know when i use the filter i put one wire in for the phone and one in for the modem, but as i have to make up the cables due to an awkward placement of equiptment i was wondering do i connect up all the 4 wires in the phone line to the jacks or just the inside 2 wires for both phone and modem use,

many thanks all,

apophis :cool:

Have a look at the RJ11 (phone cable) that came with the DSL modem and copy that, your local electrical shop should have telephone extension cables off the shelf

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭apophis

thanks

Advertisement