Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New bus route numbers and timetables from Sun 4 March

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Got the 403 from Eyre Square today to Parkmore and it stops practically everywhere even does that stupid loop at Wellpark. Took about 30 min to get to work ...will be using the 409 in Future.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

Got the 403 from Eyre Square today to Parkmore and it stops practically everywhere even does that stupid loop at Wellpark. Took about 30 min to get to work ...will be using the 409 in Future.

What loop at Wellpark - do you mean the shops in Mervue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭andy85wsm

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

antoobrien wrote: »
    What loop at Wellpark - do you mean the shops in Mervue?

It leaves the Monivea Rd and heads right down McDonagh Ave and turns around again up Clarke Ave back onto the Monivea Rd.

Then unlike the Number 3 bus it can no longer go around the roundabout and onto the Monivea Rd towards castle Park it heads Right down the Ballybane Road as far as GMIT before heading back up again the Castlepark Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭brembo26

Okay, so does the 403 bus go up the Wellpark road like the 8 (Mervue) used to? and does it still stop just before the traffic lights opposite the art college?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

We should all buy a daysaver ticket on Sunday and have a boards bash on the buses..loads of these questions would be answered :cool:

It leaves the Monivea Rd and heads right down McDonagh Ave and turns around again up Clarke Ave back onto the Monivea Rd.

I was wondering if that's where you were talking about because I can't think of any loops in Wellpark.

For the love of god don't get off the bus there and call it Wellpark.

brembo26 wrote: »
    Okay, so does the 403 bus go up the Wellpark road like the 8 (Mervue) used to? and does it still stop just before the traffic lights opposite the art college?

I wish people would stop being so lazy and actually read the thread, it's rather annoying to see the same questions coming up time and again.

JustMary has answered that question a few pages back. There's also the links she has so helpfully, in her own time and at her own expense I might add, provided to maps detailing the routes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭brembo26

antoobrien wrote: »

Thank you kind sir.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭otterj

snubbleste wrote: »
    Why did you think it would be the same as a city bus?
    Wasn't the normal BÉ single fare to Oranmore €3.80? Has there been a decrease as a result of this new service?

I got charged 3.60 today.Do the bus drivers actually know how much theyre supposed to charge? Also Is a daysaver valid for the Oranmore trip?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

otterj wrote: »
    I got charged 3.60 today.Do the bus drivers actually know how much theyre supposed to charge? Also Is a daysaver valid for the Oranmore trip?

Drivers may not, but their machines should.

Possibly the fares depend on the day of the week - I'm sure I remember something about discount weekend fares and the like.

And no, I don't think that the Daysaver will work any further than Galway Clinic.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Superhoops

I used to get the number 3 from Doughiska to Bohermore,get off just after the cemetary, cross over , and go down the slope to the shopping centre for work.
    But now the new route does not go this way, so i have to walk in from Eyre Square , as i dont like crossing at the Well park Junction..

Superhoops wrote: »
    I used to get the number 3 from Doughiska to Bohermore,get off just after the cemetary, cross over , and go down the slope to the shopping centre for work.
    But now the new route does not go this way, so i have to walk in from Eyre Square , as i dont like crossing at the Well park Junction..

I thought the moneen lights were supposed to be the most pedestrian friendly junction in galway:rolleyes:.

You can always get off at just after foster court, walk up Bóthar Uí Hehir and go down Hidden Valley - might save you a minute or three of a walk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

otterj wrote: »

My bad, only found out this morning that it depends on where you get the bus. I hop on at the G which is E2.10.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭Storm 10

The bus stop opposite the Westside shopping centre across from the entrance is that permanent, the reason I ask is there is no shelter is it temporary.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Got a little booklet "Galway City Services 2012" through the door today listing the timetables and the route map. Quite handy, looks like BE have been following this thread ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭what_traffic

Got a little booklet "Galway City Services 2012" through the door today listing the timetables and the route map. Quite handy, looks like BE have been following this thread ;)

Ditto - just one week late. :D In fairness - its good to see them at least making an effort in promoting the Bus Services. Still alot more needs to be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭deisedude

I emailed Bus Eireann complaining about the new timetables. They are a joke, timetables should tell you the times the buses leave/arrive and not be a test in arithmetic. Having to add 45 mins on until you find what time your bus is at? I'll just make my own timetable then

deisedude wrote: »
    I emailed Bus Eireann complaining about the new timetables. They are a joke, timetables should tell you the times the buses leave/arrive and not be a test in arithmetic. Having to add 45 mins on until you find what time your bus is at? I'll just make my own timetable then

Indeed. I've made a generic chart of "what time is every 40 minutes".

One of every 45 minutes is on the way too. Hopefully will get it up tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭foxy_19-89

deisedude wrote: »
    JustMary wrote: »

I noticed that they must have been listening to you, cos on the bus stops in Eyre Square today I noticed lists of times (literally every departure) were added to below the notice stating departs every 45 minutes. WOW someone listened?!? Hope they do it for every stop now, ie: We don't have to do calculations when theres no shelter, just a bus stop pole!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭deisedude

JustMary wrote: »

Great stuff. Love the site Mary

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭yer man!

Why is the Oranmore - eyre square bus still €3.60 single? is it not on the city network now? seems a bit unfair seeing as it's not that much further than some of the city centre routes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

The 405 operates via Newcastle on Sundays, in both directions. It also serves Westside Dunnes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

yer man! wrote: »
    Why is the Oranmore - eyre square bus still €3.60 single? is it not on the city network now? seems a bit unfair seeing as it's not that much further than some of the city centre routes.

Better off getting Citylink or BE Intercity buses, much faster for the same price.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Stevolende

Is the 409 still going double decker only? Seem to still be a number of single deckers on the run. Just hope they do get it together to run double deckers during rush hour since theydidn;t seem to before the recent changeover.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭xtradel

Are the buses on St Patricks day (Sat 17th) working on a Sunday/Bank holiday timetable or Normal Saturday service?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

BÉ city services will have free wifi by the summer & real-time electronic signs at bus stops by September showing when the next bus is due.
    We've come a long way :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Eman Resu

snubbleste wrote: »
    BÉ city services will have free wifi by the summer & real-time electronic signs at bus stops by September showing when the next bus is due.
    We've come a long way :cool:

Nice 1! Still think it might be better to have a proper shelter at every stop given Galway's tendency for rain.

xtradel wrote: »
    Are the buses on St Patricks day (Sat 17th) working on a Sunday/Bank holiday timetable or Normal Saturday service?

It's a mix, depending on the company.

Best info I could find is here.

• Advertisement

Re the real time signs ... yeah, great, we're getting 20 of them. How many bus stops do you think we have ... hmmm, I wonder if I should run a contest to see who can pick the locations. ;)

Advertisement