Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking?

Options
  • 27-02-2012 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭

Whats the situation? Ie. Availability... costs.... etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 UCDCommuter

Some parking info here

Be aware that there are taffic calming barriers down 07.00 until 10.30am which divide the campus into three. Your choice of parking will be dictated by the gate you enter by if you come in during this time.

As you'll find, parking is limited (capped by DLRCC) and in demand, come early if you have to drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Topper7

I believe barriers are down between 16.30 & 19.30 also...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

Topper7 wrote: »
    I believe barriers are down between 16.30 & 19.30 also...

I think that's 16:00 till 19:30.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Topper7

You could be right, Im not 100% sure..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

Topper7 wrote: »
    You could be right, Im not 100% sure..

Just to confirm (from http://www.ucd.ie/building/code/traffic.html)
    Please note the following traffic restrictions.
    Locked traffic barriers are in place to prevent through traffic.
    The barriers are in operation from:
    07.00 to 10.30 and from 16.00 to 19.30 Monday to Friday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭Blut2

Be aware those times are somewhat approximate too. I've arrived in Belfield to park before playing a match at 1945 and found the barriers still down. Which is annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Keano!

Thanks for this guys. Probs just head in around 8ish and spend time in the gym those mornings. Much issue with finding space if I was coming in late in the evenings? Sorry about the questions, just no idea what the set up there is like. I know in DCU they say it's always full and nearly impossible to get space, but I've often walked past the car parks and seen several free spots.... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 16 UCDCommuter

"Nearly always full and impossible to get a space" would apply to peak times during term alright...

Carparks start to free up around 4pm or so but as mentioned, the barriers are down... If you need to get to the sports centre, you'd need to park and walk if you come in the main gate before 19.30.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Tbh I'm usually grand for parking before 10 and after 3. Those 5 hours in the middle are a complete mission. Your best bet is to hit like 5 past the hour as people come out.

But early morning no bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭bbuzz

Yeah, after 9.30 and before 3pm you have to hope and wait for a car to leave to get a space, even the pay and display car parks are full.

• Advertisement
Advertisement