Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the characters on Dublin transport

Options
  • 27-02-2012 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭

I just love the headbangers you meet on dublin bus/dart/luas.

Me and the old man were up in the big smoke for the rugby on saturday, we were on the 18 and some old piss artist started talkin out loud about how he is Louis Walsh's second cousin and that Louis wouldn't give him a shot on X factor.. he then proceeded to sing a song he wrote himself in a gravely dublin accent:pac: much to the amusement to all the passangers

Then on the 40 to liffey valley, some chubby middle aged chap with a head like Benny hill started to disco dance on the bottom isle:pac:

Earlier in the day an inspector tried to get a bus for us, he waved to a driver to pull in but the driver an african fella refused point blanky "no this is not my stop" this is not my stop" the inspector was raging and shouted at the guy to pull in but he just drove on:pac:

ah dublin transport don't ya just love it

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

"And we all went up to the Mero, hey there, who's your man
    It's only Johnny Forty Coats, sure he's desperate man
    Bang Bang shoots the buses with his golden key
    Hey hi diddley I and out goes she"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Must just have been a funny kind of day. I do be on the bus numerous times and all I see are drunkards and druggies.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Janey_Mac

My favourite one was the drunk oul lad on the Dart a few years ago. Every time the recorded voice announced the next stop he'd shout in tones of escalating irritation "I f*ckin' well KNOW where I am!"

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Neeson wrote: »
    I do be on the bus

Singing?
    Do dody doby do
    do doo de la
    da da da da ya

Seen a lot of oddities on public transport in the years I've lived in Dublin, one of the best was the same year I moved up, 18 years old, an auld lad stops the bus in Ranelagh... these were the green buses with the steps onto them, his shopping bags keep getting caught on the steps and he's reciting every swear word I ever heard in my life. Though last Christmas getting a bus, can't remember where or which one, it seems some sort of sheltered adults group had just been let out, because some really odd characters got on. A woman sat next to me, and I thought she was talking to me, but no, she was talking to herself. A guy sat in front of me and started to knock on the window and motion people to come over, then he'd just wave and shout "Hello!" But this one old fella was coming down the bus, a girl got up and said to him "Here. here's a seat" and he shouted at the top of his voice "Go f*ck yourself!" and went and sat down the back. Made my day, he did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Yillan

Last year a guy tried violently to open the door of the bus while it was moving. The driver told him not to do that again as he let him off at the side of the road. He replied that he definitely wouldn't because he'd be in the graveyard in a few hours. I guess you could call him a character

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

I must pay a visit to Dublin and take a few trips on the buses, Sounds like ye got excellent free entertainment..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Janey_Mac wrote: »
    My favourite one was the drunk oul lad on the Dart a few years ago. Every time the recorded voice announced the next stop he'd shout in tones of escalating irritation "I f*ckin' well KNOW where I am!"

i remember him well. he actually lives in harolds cross and does the same act in all the pubs in the area. he works for DCC so you can understand

Advertisement