Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone having trouble registering for the Household Charge?

Options
  • 27-02-2012 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭

Has anyone encountered difficulty registering for the household charge? I was able to register myself no problem, but when it comes to the property I own, I get "There was an issue processing your request.". The address is a simple one (apartment in Dublin 8) and the server doesn't seem overloaded, so I don't know what the issue might be?

I currently live abroad so can't just drop in to pay, and emailed the support addy but no reply yet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 FcukRain

I've had the same problem, tried three times. This is so frustrating...already don't want to pay this stupid charge! >:(

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Woodie40

silja wrote: »
    Has anyone encountered difficulty registering for the household charge? I was able to register myself no problem, but when it comes to the property I own, I get "There was an issue processing your request.". The address is a simple one (apartment in Dublin 8) and the server doesn't seem overloaded, so I don't know what the issue might be?

I currently live abroad so can't just drop in to pay, and emailed the support addy but no reply yet.

I have tried for the last 60 mins to register, I get as far as the address, once I fill in those details I get "there was a problem with your request", with no explanation as to what the issue is? and I have to go through the whole procedure and then I get the error again?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

you will have no problem next year when a bill for a 1000 drops on your door mat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Their servers can't cope with people trying to do what the site is meant to do. They will fix them, took me 2 days to be able to do it and that was weeks ago when the demand was lower that it is now. Keep trying, 5 mins here and there and it will eventually work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

I'll let you know if I hear back from their tech support... I suppose if I can't register by the evening of the 29th, I'll try and do the paper worm and send it in by post with a cheque, it says on the website they accept those until 31st March as on-time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 frosty66

same issue today... the website is down now.. ffs!!!!!!!they have to extend the deadline for direct debit now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

Never got a reply from the tech support people I emailed, but finally managed to finish registering and paid last night. I did it at 11pm my time, which is 5am in the morning Irish time, maybe that is why.

Advertisement