Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advertising on estate wall

Options
  • 27-02-2012 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi sorry if this is in wrong section!
    Im living in small enough estate and on Friday driving in we noticed a large advertising sign for a business at top of the road, nailed on our estate wall!

The wall surrounds our estate and would be the opposite side of 1 of the neighbours wall( hope that makes sense)

Was just wondering who's permission would this company need to ask for putting there sign on the wall?
    Would it be council? Or neighbours that's wall it's on?
    Could we apose of this sign as its quite an eye sore and last thing we want is our wall turnin into an advertisement for everyone!
    I will be ringing company after work to see who's permission they sought. And will take it from there but just wondering if anyone would have some information before I do!

Thanks for reading

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,785 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Legally I imagine it'd be the neighbours wall; however planning permission is probably the quickest way to get it sorted (it won't have any, guaranteed, and it needs it) without trying to figure out ownership.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

I think advertising like this could be construed as littering if they don't have permission for the sign.

Get on to the litter warden, they'll issue a fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭pawnacide

I think advertising like this could be construed as littering if they don't have permission for the sign.

Get on to the litter warden, they'll issue a fine.

It depends on whether or not the sign is on private land. If it's not the litter warden can issue fines, if it's on private land it's a case for the planning department.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 aldismiller123

I think this is wrong . Why does people go for such advertising stratergy . There are various other powerful tools which could provide them a competitive edge. And even if somebody employing such advertisement atleat one must take the permission of the neighbours.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,021 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Advertising like this visible from a public highway needs full PP, not just permission from the wall owner. I highly doubt any was sought and if it were me and I got no quick satisfaction, I'd remove the eyesore myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Contact your planning enforcement department. from previous posts I guess Wicklow Co Co.

Phone No:0404 20148
    Fax No: 0404 69462
    Email: planadmin@wicklowcoco.ie

http://www.wicklow.ie/Apps/WicklowBeta/Planning/Forms/complaint%20form.pdf

Try and take a photo without being seen. Fill out the form - planning enforcement is confidential.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

murphaph wrote: »
    Advertising like this visible from a public highway needs full PP, not just permission from the wall owner. I highly doubt any was sought and if it were me and I got no quick satisfaction, I'd remove the eyesore myself.

I used to regularly remove lampost poster ads. I've almost got arrested once doing that. I public spiritedly removed a bunch of posters advertising a cut-price furniture business. The owner caught me doing it, and blocked me in in my car. I called the Gardai as did he. I told the Gard I was collecting litter (putting posters on lamposts falls under the Litter Act) and the Gard wanted to know why I only had his posters if I was collecting litter - he thought it was a grudge.

I would leave it and let planning enforcement sort it out.

Advertisement