Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connect 2 15Vdc supplies in series??

Options
  • 27-02-2012 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭

Hello,

I need a 30Vdc supply to power a lamp.

I have two separate 15Vdc supplies. The 15Vdc is from a transformed & rectified 230V ac mains supply. That is I have two separate power supplies.

Is it possible to connect these 2 separate rectified 15V dc supplies and if so how do I do it??

Is it possible to do like attached?

Thanks in advance,

WM

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

I did this and it worked for me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

water-man wrote: »
    Hello,

I need a 30Vdc supply to power a lamp.

I have two separate 15Vdc supplies. The 15Vdc is from a transformed & rectified 230V ac mains supply. That is I have two separate power supplies.

Is it possible to connect these 2 separate rectified 15V dc supplies and if so how do I do it??

Is it possible to do like attached?

Thanks in advance,

WM

It will work. Connect exactly as you have it in your diagram. Two similar sized power supplies, and are enough VA for the load when combined.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

As long as the ground isn't tied to the earth it'll work grand.

Advertisement