Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I found Money

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I would ring the garda station that covers the area you found it and leave your details stating you found it and that you will hold onto it until someone reports it missing. The Guards can pass on your details to the person who lost it and if they can tell you how much or what denominations and type of envelope it was in then i'd return it.

I found €680 a few years back, i found it in tesco carpark wrapped in an elastic band. I put up a notice in tesco and rang the guards and told them i found a substantial amount of money in the carpark and gave them my number to give to anyone that called reporting lost money. I had no calls and after 2 months i happily spent it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭techguy

I recently left my wallet behind me when getting off a bus.

Was super pissed when nobody handed it in and the total value was nowhere near €300.

If you consider yourself a decent citizen then you will do your best to return this to the rightful owner. That said I wouldn't hand it into a Garda station either.

I admit it will be harder if you are in dublin but you should notify radio stations etc. And also possibly put up a notice where you found the money. Chances are the person will pass that spot again.

Only return the money when you are satisfied the person can describe it's state. i.e. white envelope, windowed or not etc.

Put yourself in the shoes of the loser and do your duty = upstanding member of society.

Don't do it? (like you propose) Then your an absolute w***er and I hope bad things happen you :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Blue_Wolf

May have also cost someones life for losing it
    Plazaman wrote: »
    6 50's in a white envelope? Sounds like drug money. Well done OP, you may have just saved a life. Spend it wisely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

Dick move, OP. You made no effort to find the owner and then try to console yourself by trying to convince yourself everyone is as scummy as yourself and would have done the same. That's not your money and you have no right to it. You can only go on trying to fool yourself for so long.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Elba101

Xcellor wrote: »
    You wouldn't seriously put signs up and goto garda to return a 50 euro note you find blowing in the wind. It could have come from anywhere!!

A white envelope with 300 euros in it doesn't blow around very easily though. So I'd definitely try to find the owner of that.

Well no, but if you're speaking of karma then it's only a matter of time that you lose the money!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

not sure who i hate more, ass-holes who steal money or people who actually believe in karma

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

four18 wrote: »
    Before you all jump up on your Moral high ground, Yes I am going to keep it. 6x50 euro in a white envelope. Its either me or the guard I hand it to at the station, and dont be telling me any different. I hate types that tell me to hand it in and probably rob stuff in work or live at home and hand up a pittance every week for their keep. AND if you still live at home, have the guts to share how much you hand up each week...Washing ironing, hot water, evening meal, open all hours fridge etc !! internet etc.

Funnily enough I know someone who lost 300 euro a few days ago, don't know if it was in an envelope. Where did you find it? What county?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Why would anyone start a thread about finding 300e that they were going to keep ? Trolling ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 460 ✭✭four18

Update ! I did hand it in to Store street last night and the guard rang me tonight. Someone claimed it and left 50 euro at the station for me. There was a first name on the envelope and they were able to tell the right name. ( Call me cynical but thats what the guard told me anyway)
    The guard (who may or may not be up 250) told me to call in after 2 on friday. Thats it, the truth, just thought I would post the outcome.
    Regards

• Advertisement

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for a cut of the €300, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you give me my money now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.
    Taken ? Am I right ?
    In all honesty I do feel better. I am not a bad bloke and I am glad I got 50 euro. I will buy a new controller for my sons xbox as he only has one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

Update ! I did hand it in to Store street last night and the guard rang me tonight. Someone claimed it and left 50 euro at the station for me. There was a first name on the envelope and they were able to tell the right name. ( Call me cynical but thats what the guard told me anyway)
    The guard (who may or may not be up 250) told me to call in after 2 on friday. Thats it, the truth, just thought I would post the outcome.
    Regards

This is your conscience speaking four18.....You should have kept the money. Think of the coke and hooker(s) you could have got. You let a bunch of people on the internets sway you when they (in real life) would have kept it...

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭daithi1970

Fair play to you, at least your'e up 50 euro...

daithi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

How the fück do you just find money. Like the way I just lose money?

I leave 50 bills hanging out of my pockets for kicks. If the pockets aren't shallow enough I have them tailored

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭DaleB91

Fair play OP, my mam lost €1370 in waterford park, 2 days later the body of a overdosed junkie turned up! Gwan karma hahah he still had her purse on her with just over €600 in it. Cops came out to the house the next day told her the whole story.

falan wrote: »
    This is your conscience speaking four18.....You should have kept the money. Think of the coke and hooker(s) you could have got. You let a bunch of people on the internets sway you when they (in real life) would have kept it...
    @cki@ wim can you ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,279 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I would have kept it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

@cki@ wim can you ?
    MadYaker wrote: »
    I would have kept it.

Same here, that Guards gonna have fun times with that 250euro....Laughing all the way to the piggy bank they are...

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭gamgsam

Regards

If that is true, or even if any of your thread is true...

Fair play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

Fair play, well done!

Advertisement