Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New shop in Blanchardstown Retail Park

Options
  • 27-02-2012 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭

Hi Guys Just thought I would let you know that they are currently renovating the old Currys site beside the Qbuilding, Just found out that DFS will be going in there, I think its the first one in the south.

Always good news if your shopping for furniture ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

Hi Guys Just thought I would let you know that they are currently renovating the old Currys site beside the Qbuilding, Just found out that DFS will be going in there, I think its the first one in the south.

Always good news if your shopping for furniture ;)
    Thanks was meant to ask the other day,what going in when i seen building work going on,

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭garysully1986

Yeah they put up a sign this morning, I was wondering myself, I think it would have been a perfect location for a tesco or asda

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Yeah they put up a sign this morning, I was wondering myself, I think it would have been a perfect location for a tesco or asda

There's a Tesco and a Tesco Express two minutes down the road in either direction (Roselawn and Mulhuddart). The unit is probably too small for an Asda, and they probably wouldn't have been interested anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Rangi

January wrote: »
    There's a Tesco and a Tesco Express two minutes down the road in either direction (Roselawn and Mulhuddart). The unit is probably too small for an Asda, and they probably wouldn't have been interested anyway.

I heard Mulhuddart closed a while back. Unsuitable building for a supermarket.
    Any ideas when it could be open?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

It closed because it was flooded during that bad spell we had, opened within a couple of days again.

• Advertisement

Tesco Express in Mulhuddart was reopened within a week when it flooded...

Rangi wrote: »
    I heard Mulhuddart closed a while back. Unsuitable building for a supermarket.
    Any ideas when it could be open?

6th April

Still, I think a rival supermarket to Dunnes would do great business in the shopping centre, honestly like how often would you be purchasing something in a furniture store as opposed to a supermarket?

I Think the Tesco in Roselawn looks very dated and could do alot better business in the shopping centre.

Good to see another empty unit being filled all the same, with the new Boots flagship store coming in and this maybe we will finally see more profits in the area :D

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭knick_knack

Shame since I'd have loved a tesco extra somewhere close by. Roselawn is a bit of a state at the moment in my opinion :(

would of liked to seen Aldi going in,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I think parking would be a major issue if they put a supermarket in. I would have preferred to see a decent bookshop going in myself. The browsing opportunities in a furniture shop are somewhat limited.

Any word what's going into the unit where Argos used to be beside McDonalds?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

January wrote: »
    Any word what's going into the unit where Argos used to be beside McDonalds?

Nando's is what I've heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 jmcturk

Mmmmmmm Nando's I hope so:D

MrJoeSoap wrote: »

heard that as well :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Nando's chocolate cake on my doorstep? That wont end well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

I love Nandos, please let it be true!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

What's this Nandos then?

Gaspode wrote: »
    What's this Nandos then?

http://www.nandosrestaurant.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

jmcturk wrote: »

Nandos, the most over rated fast food joint in the history of fast food joints.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

ThisRegard wrote: »
    jmcturk wrote: »

Reaches for banhammer...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Nando's is awesome. Better than anything that's currently there for food in the Centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

ThisRegard wrote: »

Have to agree, I have eaten a couple of times in Mary's St and it way over priced and nothing out of the ordinary.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

Nando's is awesome. Better than anything that's currently there for food in the Centre.
    Better than Wagamamas?

fletch wrote: »
    Better than Wagamamas?

:D:D much better.... i had my first Nando peri peri burger was their first one ever opened in joburg,

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Zaph wrote: »
    I think parking would be a major issue if they put a supermarket in. I would have preferred to see a decent bookshop going in myself. The browsing opportunities in a furniture shop are somewhat limited.

Agreed.

For the size of that unit and the space available beside Liberty for parking it would be chaotic to say the least.

Remember folks, people doing a weekly shop would be VERY reluctant to take their trolley across the road to the Dunnes Car Park (O'Briens Entrance) Their first port of call would be directly beside the supermarket and that would be chaotic !

I'm told there is an Apple store going in too !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

MugMugs wrote: »

I'm told there is an Apple store going in too !

Very unlikely it'll actually be an Apple store. Maybe a re-seller.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 gadgetman

yes, nandos is going into the old argos store in blanch centre ,also there is a new ALDI store to open in mullhudart village this year it got planning permission in january on the grounds of the old national school.

gadgetman wrote: »
    yes, nandos is going into the old argos store in blanch centre ,also there is a new ALDI store to open in mullhudart village this year it got planning permission in january on the grounds of the old national school.

Really, have you got a source for this?

Found one - http://www.davidmcguinness.ie/council-decision-paves-the-way-for-new-aldi-store-in-mulhuddart-village-mcguinness

• Advertisement

I'd love a borders type store to come back, even though I now have a kindle I used to spend hours in their browsing! Was devastated when they closed! :(

Advertisement