Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New shop in Blanchardstown Retail Park

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

I'd love a borders type store to come back, even though I now have a kindle I used to spend hours in their browsing! Was devastated when they closed! :(

Me too.

I loved Borders.

Unfortunately Physical Bookshops aren't sustainable businesses anymore unless they also embrace online selling and ebooks, etc.

As print on demand becomes more common we will see lots more traditional bookshops go to the wall......or not - but only if they change with the times.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭garysully1986

Me too.

I loved Borders.

Unfortunately Physical Bookshops aren't sustainable businesses anymore unless they also embrace online selling and ebooks, etc.

As print on demand becomes more common we will see lots more traditional bookshops go to the wall......or not - but only if they change with the times.

I Completely agree, Easons is a nightmare to find anything in, Unless your looking for a magazine or the latest bestseller.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Yup 2 more Nandos are opening in Dublin this year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Vinta81 wrote: »
    Yup 2 more Nandos are opening in Dublin this year :)

Any links? The only one I can find is outdated regarding the two that have already been opened late last year.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2011/0810/breaking36.html

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Nandos is coming but I just saw that Pizza Hut has closed.

• Advertisement

Nandos is coming but I just saw that Pizza Hut has closed.

I can live with that.

The staff in there were great. I feel bad for them.

The staff in there were great. I feel bad for them.

Hopefully some of them can get jobs in Nando's or other locations around the centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

Sure its Nandos? The picture on the front looks like a wigwam so thought it might be Apache pizza :).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Hilly Bill wrote: »
    Sure its Nandos? The picture on the front looks like a wigwam so thought it might be Apache pizza :).
    Well nandos are advertising on jobs.ie for a new restaurant opening in Blanchardstown, or they were about 2 weeks ago anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Feel sorry about people losing their jobs and all, don't get me wrong, but the comments about the staff in there being great, well... I must have been going to a different Pizza Hut :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Arciphel wrote: »
    Feel sorry about people losing their jobs and all, don't get me wrong, but the comments about the staff in there being great, well... I must have been going to a different Pizza Hut :o

Me too. My only experience of the Pizza Hut in the centre was about a year ago and we were sat at a table that still had the previous customers' plates/cups/leftovers on it. After about 5 minutes they were finally cleared but tables on either side of us were left uncleared for the whole duration of our meal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

the shop opening in the old Currys unit is DFS isn't it? haven't seen it mentioned anywhere on this thread yet

We ate in Pizza Hut a good few times and I always found the staff to be friendly and efficient.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Dotsey wrote: »
    the shop opening in the old Currys unit is DFS isn't it? haven't seen it mentioned anywhere on this thread yet
    Hi Guys Just thought I would let you know that they are currently renovating the old Currys site beside the Qbuilding, Just found out that DFS will be going in there, I think its the first one in the south.

Always good news if your shopping for furniture ;)

Just the first post :D

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

:D
    seen in the Blanch (free paper) Nando's to open Oct,

glossy, any chance you could take a pic and post it up here ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭sandleman1979

glossy wrote: »
    :D
    seen in the Blanch (free paper) Nando's to open Oct,

I heard about this a while ago! Am delighted, no need to head to Swords or Dundrum anymore....

I believe it will be placed where the Argos was, at the main entrance.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

I believe it will be placed where the Argos was, at the main entrance.

Yup, saw the planning permission notice there at the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

went out with the green bin today :( sorry ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Nolimits

If you're just looking for general evidence that Nandos is opening
    1g7iL.jpg

I took this picture a few weeks ago as I didn't see where it said Nandos at the top, and I was going to ask here what it was for

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Yay! Nandos :)

Must check out DFS

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

when i heard nando's was goin in that unit i wasnt happy even tho i like it , its just going to become a trend like getting a starbucks coffee and walking around the centre . . . .seems the cool thing to do or trendy, just like going to nandos , i can just imagine it " aww peri peri chicken's delish" jumpin on the wagon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

A V A wrote: »
    when i heard nando's was goin in that unit i wasnt happy even tho i like it , its just going to become a trend like getting a starbucks coffee and walking around the centre . . . .seems the cool thing to do or trendy, just like going to nandos , i can just imagine it " aww peri peri chicken's delish" jumpin on the wagon

I don't get that post at all. You like Nando's but don't want them there because people will go there to be trendy? What about the other 95% of us who would go there because they like it or fancy something other than TGIs or whatever? Should we have to go into town or out to Dundrum where there are no bandwagon jumpers?

You like Nandos but you are not happy that we will now have one in D15 :confused:

Is this post for real :confused:

Jait0l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I don't get that post at all. You like Nando's but don't want them there because people will go there to be trendy? What about the other 95% of us who would go there because they like it or fancy something other than TGIs or whatever? Should we have to go into town or out to Dundrum where there are no bandwagon jumpers?

I get that post, to be fair. It's put me off trying the place so far (though if it's on my doorstep I probably will).

It's become the done thing for all the 'trendy' kids to go on and on and on about how good Nandos is. I remember a couple of months ago my Facebook feed was absolutely destroyed with people either checking in there or saying "mmm so hungry want a Nando's!!!!" It's like The Wright Venue in that it's more about saying you're going there like it's a sign of social status, or part of a club, than actually just eating (or having a good night out, in the case of Wright's). It's quietened down a bit (for now) but it absolutely wrecked my head a few months back.

God forbid they might just like Nandos :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭gabsdot40

Years ago I went to Nandos in England somewhere. There was about 10 of including some kids and when we ordered we just piled all the chips together on a plate in the middle of the table. one of the kids noticed that they were plain chips and didn't have the special Nando's seasoning so we asked for it.
    The waitress came over with a salt shaker thing shook a bit of the seasoning over our pile of chips and then asked for 17p.
    I have never been back to Nandos since!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I'm not having a go at everyone who likes Nando's. For example, in this topic? It's appropriate, since it's largely about Nando's.

It was more the Facebook trend that emerged a couple of months back. I like Eddie Rockets but don't feel the need to tell the world every...single...time I step into one. I also like being fellated, it doesn't mean that every time I'm not being fellated I need to advertise it to the world just to show how much I'd like it to be happening right now.

And yet there's something about Nando's that makes (well, made, like I said it's calmed down a bit) people feel the need to broadcast whenever they're eating or craving it. Maybe it's because everyone else was doing so and they wanted to show they were part of the 'Nando's crowd' too?

Advertisement