Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsun C3350 - 2G Only?

Options
  • 27-02-2012 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭

I'm on PAYG and I've a question about this phone Samsung C3350. I understand it is a 2G phone but was launched in Oct 2011. Why on earth is it not a 3g phone? Am I missing out here? I am considering buying this as I need a good rugged handset and tbh do not browse the web or need the full functionality of a smart phone. This phone will be in my pocket with my keys and money all day so that is why I am interested in it. The only thing putting me off is the fact that it is 2G only!?!

Any opinions on this handset are welcome;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

livEwirE wrote: »
    I'm on PAYG and I've a question about this phone Samsung C3350. I understand it is a 2G phone but was launched in Oct 2011. Why on earth is it not a 3g phone? Am I missing out here? I am considereing buying this as I need a good rugged handset and tbh do not browse the web or need the full functionality of a smart phone. This phone will be in my pocket with my keys and money all day so that is why I am interested in it. The only thing putting me off is the fact that it is 2G only!?!

Any opinions on this handset are welcome;)

A Samsung B2710 might suit you better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

Thanks EarthlyPangaea, I did look at the B2710, it is the older model and has been replaced by the C3350. I am just wondering am I loosing out by having a 2g handset:confused: Then again I will not be browing the web or anything like that so maybe it won't matter:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

Any non-data improvements in UMTS are mostly on the networks end, things like voice codecs, cell handover and security features. Nothing you'd notice actually using the phone.

You said you didn't want data, so having a 3G phone would be a bit pointless imo. Both of those phones feature sets are largely the same (apart from 2G/3G), so one being a year or so older isn't much of an issue as long as it's still available.

Rugged phones are more concerned with battery life anyways, and having 3G too would just mean less standby/talktime. From what you've said so far you won't be missing out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

Excellent info EarthlyPangaea, thanks for answering my question mate, looks like I won't be missing out:D

Advertisement