Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any truth to this?

• 27-02-2012 2:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭

this has been posted on lamposts and noticeboards around here, got this copy of the image via facebook this morning which prompted me to post here.

any thoughts on this, is it a strange sort of joke or is there some truth?

q9lSh.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Rookey

When I was in the vets recently in Raheny, there was a A4 sign up asking people to watch their dogs as there was someone around the area dognapping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

ive just spoken with the gardai, and they said there have been no reports of anything like this in the area.
    have mailed dogs aid to see what they say as its fairly irresponsible if theres no truth behind it.

its the fact that the areas are so disconnected, it seems like an email that gets forwarded with these type of made up stories

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭200yrolecrank

Unfortunately I have heard of cases like this from a member of the force,its basically one main group of Irish folk that we all know who are active in this crime and a few of our recent EU migrants.
    I have seen a local dog that was rescued but has had half his face mauled,I treated him on Friday when he came cowering round to us and I had a lump in my throat for the poor fella they made bits of him.
    The laws in Ireland are a disgrace when it comes to animal protection and prosecution,we have stray horses wandering from fields on to a busy country road,dead badgers left for weeks at the side of the road,dogs being stolen from back gardens,sadly its very common.
    There are also bogus inspectors trying to seize a dog from an owner out walking if they have no dog license.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

that dogs get stolen, i have no doubt.
    that men are jumping out of vans, assaulting women and stealing their dog seems to be just pure nonsense. the local gardai havent had any reports so that confirms it to me as an urban legend (in this instance)

dogs being shot at in gardens? by who, and to what end? teams of feline snipers out for revenge? :pac:

people calling to the door to check security out with the intention of stealing your dog? i think thats beyond paranoid tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

subway wrote: »
    ive just spoken with the gardai, and they said there have been no reports of anything like this in the area.

To be perfectly honest, I would rather you had done this before spreading the mass-hysteria here.

Locking

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement