Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

getting rid of Furze / Gorse / Whins sprouts along a ditch

Options
  • 27-02-2012 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I know they are called different things in different parts of the country but i have some whins/gorse which are beginning to sprout along a ditch of the garden. Whats best to spray them with? they are about 8-12 inches long.

any help/ideas would be great.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Grazon 90.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

johngalway wrote: »
    Grazon 90.

cheers John, was thinking something like Roundup but looks like this is specifically for the job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

thekooman wrote: »
    cheers John, was thinking something like Roundup but looks like this is specifically for the job.

You're welcome. This is where I buy mine:

http://www.magentadirect.ie/proddetail.php?prod=SMSP0008

You will need to spray the entire plant, but it works well. I've sprayed a lot of creeping gorse on the farm with it. Tried roundup, didn't do anywhere near as good a job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

i'll have a look in the local ncf co-op tomorrow. At least I have an idea on price as well. agridirect.ie do it for 45 euro but not sure on postage.

Advertisement