Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vets in Dublin city centre? and another question

• 27-02-2012 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

I am looking online and not finding any in the near city. The closest I have found only one vet in Cabra and one in Fairview. The rest are out in the 'burbs. Are there more that I haven't found?

Also, I'll need a taxi to get to the vets out in Cabra or Fairview. Will I get any trouble from the driver about the cat being in a carrier?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

There's a good vet in Charlemont (top of Camden Street) if that's any easier for you.

Most taxi companies should have no problem with pets in carriers, once they're informed in advance. My local guys take my dogs no problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

Charlemont Vets (or "Animal Welfare Veterinary Hospital") is just up from Harcourt Street on Charlemont Street (D2). Unless you are on the other side of the city (which I'm assuming you are due to looking in Cabra and Fairview) it's pretty accessable. Don't know of any others actually in the city though.

AFAIK, there are 2 vets in Fairview (not sure, will def stand for correction on that one!). If you tell the taxi driver in advance that you will have a cat in a carrier, quite a lot don't have an issue with it. If you just turn up with a cat, they may not be too happy with it. I have had problems bringing animals in taxis before but usually, if you explain the situation (ie. they won't pee/poo in the taxi!), they are grand. Maybe bring a towel or something to put the carries on for extra piece of mind for the taxi driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 greenasil

Thanks to both lorebringer and kylith!
    I think I'll go with the one in Cabra as it's the easiest to get to from where I am.
    Cheers :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Andy Magic

Since this is an old thread, is there any new vets that have setup in Dublin city centre (preferably north side) ?

This thread is the first result when I google it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Andy Magic wrote: »
    Since this is an old thread, is there any new vets that have setup in Dublin city centre (preferably north side) ?

This thread is the first result when I google it.

It's not north side but Metrovets are in Meath Street, Dublin 8. Peter McMahon is the main vet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Demonique

I've travelled on public transport with an iguana in a carrier and nothing's ever been said to me.

http://www.luas.ie/faqs.html - Animals other than guide dogs are allowed if they're in an appropriate carrier

Advertisement