Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Air Cooling

Options
  • 27-02-2012 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

So i've moved to the US and I need to get some new gear, mainly a case, fans and power supply. I've brought with me:
    • ASUS Rampage II Gene
    • 128GB SSD
    • Core i7 920
    • GTX 295

My previous case was watercooled but I brought a Thermal Right Ultra HSF with 1366 bolt through kit.

So I'm thinking for now that I'll put it on air but would like a case that I can watercool with in the future as I have some gear over with me. So my questions are:
    • Whats a good case? I was thinking Fractal R3 but open to suggestions
    • What are good case/cpu fans these days?
    • Should I upgrade my HSF to something more modern?

I'm looking for silence so let me know what you think

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

For future watercooling, are you looking at your CPU only, or your GPUs and/or motherboard as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭requiem1

it'll just be cpu, I've been doing some browsing and was considering doing something like the Fractal Arc either midi or mini but I'm thinking I might just go with a corsair H100 and make my life easy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

There's also the Rasa RS240 kit if you want a custom loop. It's got the same basic components as the H100, but it'll probably give you a bit more cooling, and the pump leaves you open to replacing the rad if you ever want to add a GPU. (Though maybe not that 295 - it's a hot-running f**ker from what I remember)

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭requiem1

Serephucus wrote: »
    There's also the Rasa RS240 kit if you want a custom loop. It's got the same basic components as the H100, but it'll probably give you a bit more cooling, and the pump leaves you open to replacing the rad if you ever want to add a GPU. (Though maybe not that 295 - it's a hot-running f**ker from what I remember)

Sweet thanks I thought that res had been taken off the market for cracking but that would work nicely. Yeah the 295 is a hotty but I will get rid of it before I'd watercool it given the blocks are a couple of hundred euro. what do you think of the fractal arc?

Advertisement