Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MBNA Chargeback - How to?

• 27-02-2012 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭

I played two orders with a company in the US back in November, I still have not received them and after numerous emails back and forth of them pressing me to keep on checking with customs and my neighbours and post man to see if any packages were delivered, it's plainly obvious that I won't be getting them.

I would now like to initiate a chargeback for these 2 items with my credit card company - MBNA.

However, I'm a little unsure of how to go about requesting one as i've never had to do so before.

Can I request one online or do I need to ring / write to them?

What kind of info will they look for, will I need to forward on any documents?

Is there a time limit before it's too late to start this process?

Any guidance / advice greatly appreciated as I've never done this before,

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Call them, initially, and they'll advise the procedure.

You'll most likely be asked for information to prove you've tried to resolve this with the retailer (i.e mail/letters sent etc).

There is usually a time limit of 6 months or so after the initial purchase IIRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Moyglish

Thanks BuffyBot, I'll try that and see how I get on :)

Advertisement