Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pre- dinnner Nibbles

Options
  • 27-02-2012 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭

Hi, myself adn group of friends are going to a restaurant for dinner for 9pm...but we are meeting in mine for some champagne and drinks and nibbles around 7:30...they will be starving and i am wonderng what can i serve up that is light, i dont want to fill them with crisps etc because that will ruin their appetitte..i was thinking olives... what about pate and and crackers or would that be too heavy? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

gazpacho and small crostini's would be nice i'd think

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Carrot and celery sticks, maybe? With a dip of some sort. Personally, I've always gone for the old olives and feta cheese, but the vast majority of people don't seem to share my love of them. :(

Pate and crackers is utterly gorgeous, but a bit heavy, I think. The rich, savoury flavour of the pate would be a bit much if you want to enjoy the dinner, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

What about making a smoked salmon pate? It would be a bit lighter than chicken liver pate. Maybe use water biscuits rather than crackers.

Nuts and Olives are always an handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

mini blinis, creme fraiche smoked salmon lemon and pepper. yum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement