Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sabretooth 990FX Motherboard BIOS issue

Options
  • 27-02-2012 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭

I noticed that this motherboard does not have CMOS battery on it, it has a jumper (to which i still have to locate, saw it on manual but hard to find on mobo) to reset the bios. Does a Jumper work the same way as a CMOS battery? I ask cause when i shut down my PC i usually turn it off by flicking the PSU switch also to save power.

But i noticed that when i do turn it off at the PSU the mobo looses its BIOS settings and in order to get it to boot i have to open up the machine and press the MemOk button for it to do a check, shut PC down, boot it back up again i have to redo the BIOS clock and any fan and RAM settings i had customized on it. The PC doesnt boot into my OS until i do this.

I know the CMOS battery is supposed to hold these settings in it, my previous mobo had one, but this one doesnt seem to have one... Any ideas how i can set this up so if i switch it off at the PSU or if the power in my house goes out i dont have to set the BIOS back up?

Its not a huge thing to do only takes a min or two, its just the pain of opening the machine each time to do it.

I have not touched/located the jumper yet. Im in work atm so dont have access to my machine. But would you know what is involved in setting the jumper up? Is it within the BIOS somewhere or do i have to open my rig and change something on the jumper? Manual only says how to clear the BIOS with the jumper as far as i can remember.

Before this mobo iv only had experiance with the actual CMOS battery, removing it and waiting a few minutes before replacing it. Iv read that the jumper has a little cap on it that i move from 2 pins onto another 2 pins and then replace to the original 2 pins to reset the BIOS in the manual. But i dont recall anything saying for saving the BIOS settings.

Comments

Advertisement