Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

People can't hear me on home phone

Options
  • 27-02-2012 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭

Have a Binatone Veva 1200 no more then 1 and a half years old.

Yesterday I tried to call a few people, and not one could hear me.
    I'm assuming that the mic is gone and I need a replacement phone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,437 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Has someone pressed the mute button?

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭ThisNoize

Victor wrote: »
    Has someone pressed the mute button?

Definitely not, I rang a few people.
    Is there any settings that may cause this? I can't find any.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,437 ✭✭✭✭Victor

"Mute" (the phone won't transmit any noise you make) is not the same as "silent" (the phone won't make any noise).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

Looking at the user manual for that DECT phone, the mute function is activated by holding the hash button for 2 seconds, but is reset at the start of each new call.

http://www.binatonegps.com/_global/files/Veva1200%201210%20user%20guide%20for%20UK%20BTP_Apr%2030%2007.pdf

You'd could test the batteries on your phone, test the phone when right beside the base station (no walls between phone and basestation), check the phone cable leading into the base station (disconnect and reconnect). Ideally connect a wired phone to the line.

But it could be a fault in the phone.

Advertisement