Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Shop Maynooth

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

2011abc wrote: »
    Gatehouse evening food now up and running .Very nice , especially desserts.If you like Zest , Clane the food here will seem very familiar!(And thats a good thing!)Weston Aerodrome (yeah I know now that some of the runway is in Dublin...!)wedges amazing,quite spicy and zingy as heck .Also all desserts only 4.50.WELL worth a visit .
    Was in the Gatehouse a couple of weeks ago, the place looks really lovely, bright and spacious.
    The brownie desert was indeed absolutely gorgeous but served with a small knob of ice cream rather than a scoop unfortunately. Burger and chunky chips looked great but neither had too much flavour, think it was 15.00 Will give it another shot sometime.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

ooh the next time I get to go out no idea where I need to try 1st:)
    The Maynooth Town Page must be lacking news or there is something in it for them mentioning Chill in every 2nd post.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

SQ2 wrote: »
    The 'Champion just mentioned a restaurant license I think? The (vip) opening night is tomorrow night according to their, sorry, the Maynooth town, Facebook page.

Sick to the back teeth of that page BTW and the 20 minute interval updates about Chill. Just in case you're reading this Chill/Maynooth town! Getting un-liked in the morn!

Restaurant certificate is an beer and wine licence. Can't sell without food, or spirits though

McMahons get a 5 Chef's Hat review in the same edition by the way...

I ate here again recently, not sure why they insist on having all the doors open, had to eat with jacket on! Not much for the vegetarian at the time, and the mash (maybe more, can't recall!) was microwaved. Fillet was lovely though and pint was good too.

I'm guessing that our barman (polish?) was trained as a waiter first, does a great job of whetting your appetite with food recommendations and descriptions, very friendly.

It's a nice room, but possibly too open? I'd guess the lounge doesn't get much use on weeknights, I really think they should go for a DJ night here with "chilled" café del mar style tunes. I don't think anywhere else does this in the town?
    The room is unfortunately too small for any sort of live music I've decided, having visited a couple of nights! (I'm old! :()

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Lepidoptera

Had lunch yesterday in the little place that's right next to the Gatehouse. I completely forgot to look at the name (something Deli?), which makes me feel silly, but we'd been looking at the Gatehouse originally. The prices looked rather steep for lunch, so we popped next door to the deli and had an absolutely incredible meal, two people for under a tenner. The soup of the day was fantastic - a thick and creamy chicken and vegetable with a pile of bread, and I had a vegetarian crepe that was massive and delicious. It was a lovely little place to sit and natter as well, and the lad who does the cooking was really nice. Will definitely be going back there.

• Advertisement

Had lunch yesterday in the little place that's right next to the Gatehouse. I completely forgot to look at the name (something Deli?), which makes me feel silly, but we'd been looking at the Gatehouse originally. The prices looked rather steep for lunch, so we popped next door to the deli and had an absolutely incredible meal, two people for under a tenner. The soup of the day was fantastic - a thick and creamy chicken and vegetable with a pile of bread, and I had a vegetarian crepe that was massive and delicious. It was a lovely little place to sit and natter as well, and the lad who does the cooking was really nice. Will definitely be going back there.

Tanseys Deli, nice spot alright and well priced. Hard to compete pricewise with them as a neighbour, but I'd imagine they're aimed at different market

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I love the crepes in Tanseys,it is definitely worth a trip for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

Tesco is no longer 24hrs. Open 6am to midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Since when has that been the case?

Anyone been to Chill?

• Advertisement

That completely sucks.
    Any idea why?

I heard Dunnes used to be 24 hours too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,697 ✭✭✭brian_t

Since the end of September.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

NOOOOOO!!!!! :(

Where am I supposed to drunk shop??? This is terrible :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

I slated pints in McMahons a few months ago. Tried one the other night and had a fantastic Guinness even though the bar was very quiet. The fact you can actually watch a match, or have a conversation in there means it's back on my rotation again. We really have some good pints in this town.

Moonbeam wrote: »

When I first moved to Maynooth Dunnes was 24 hours alright.

When I first moved to Maynooth Dunnes was 24 hours alright.

Yeah, stopped not long after we moved though, so about four and a half years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

I was at the launch night and the food was delicious. Heading back for lunch in a few days. I know the guys that own it well and I'm really delighted for them. Good range of veggie options too so looking forward to trying them all!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,697 ✭✭✭brian_t

kellief wrote: »
    I was at the launch night and the food was delicious. Heading back for lunch in a few days. I know the guys that own it well and I'm really delighted for them. Good range of veggie options too so looking forward to trying them all!!

Which establishment was this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭redarmy

new hair salon top of the town called SALON 91

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Lepidoptera

That completely sucks.
    Any idea why?

Yeah I was sad when Dunnes stopped being 24 hours, but at least there was Tescos then.

It looks like all 24 hour Tescos are being changed like this, so it isn't just Maynooth.

• Advertisement

brian_t wrote: »

Assume it is Chill.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

brian_t wrote: »

Sorry, Chill.

The new hat shop is interesting.
    Not sure how long it will last though,I love winter hats but there was very little in the way of things like that.
    It is cheap though and they have dvds too.

The new hat shop is interesting.
    Not sure how long it will last though,I love winter hats but there was very little in the way of things like that.
    It is cheap though and they have dvds too.

Where is that?

Manor Mills - facing the escalators.
    I'm not sure there's the market in the town for that many Monster energy drink, and Knicks hats.

That hat shop has to be a popup surely? Would have imagined Carraig Donn would want in there for Christmas again. Its had a number of weekend-long tenants over the year from what I've noticed.

The we-buy-old-clothes shop is gone.

The hat shop is gone, and Abrakebabra is back, under new management.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

The little shop in the train station maynooth is closing as of friday (29th)..
    ..bit sad as the ladies there were great craic, and the coffee was great as well...:(

Dr Bob wrote: »
    ..bit sad as the ladies there were great craic, and the coffee was great as well...:(

Would never have expected that, its been there for absolutely years. The freesheet newspapers must have hurt sales a bit but they've been out for about eight years by now and it always looked busy enough.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Dr Bob wrote: »

Aw :(

Advertisement