Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Shop Maynooth

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

That's such a pity :( doubtful that it will be replaced by anything either- maybe a part time coffee and muffin stand or something? Anyone here want to try set one up? I'll pitch in with a fiver to get ye started!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

10 years they've been there. That makes me feel old as I remember them opening it. Pity they're gone - lovely ladies.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Hula-Bou is being replaced by a clothes alterations/repairs place.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I was hoping it would be a more exciting place but at least it is not more fast food!

Moonbeam wrote: »
    I was hoping it would be a more exciting place but at least it is not more fast food!

Council are pretty locked-down on not allowing more fast food to open. The only reason the briefly present Mamma Mia was allowed was because that building has planning for takeaway - it was rebuilt as a takeaway called Mona Lisa originally.

• Advertisement

I heard this morning that The Avenue will be expanding back in to the old Hegarty's Solicitors building- planning to open before Valentines apparently.

Planning went in for that ages ago, I'd assumed it wasn't happening, good to see that it is.

The company that run the Coffee Mill (underground one on Mill Street) got planning to turn the old off-licence in to a restaurant also; don't know if its a move or a secondary outlet. They can be very, very busy on weekend lunchtimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

I heard this morning that The Avenue will be expanding back in to the old Hegarty's Solicitors building- planning to open before Valentines apparently.

I heard that as well about 4months ago. Hopefully it is true as it would make sense for them to do so seeing as they are doing so well.

I heard that as well about 4months ago. Hopefully it is true as it would make sense for them to do so seeing as they are doing so well.

Heard it from a staff member, so I'm assuming they got the go-ahead! Had a quick look inside Hegarty's about an hour ago and it looks like there's some activity going on inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

That's great about the Avenue expansion, the manager told us about a year ago they were expanding and would have a full bar license once it was done

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

MYOB wrote: »
    Planning went in for that ages ago, I'd assumed it wasn't happening, good to see that it is.

The company that run the Coffee Mill (underground one on Mill Street) got planning to turn the old off-licence in to a restaurant also; don't know if its a move or a secondary outlet. They can be very, very busy on weekend lunchtimes.

They do the best breakfast in Maynooth,I wish they were at ground level though because it is easy enough to bounce a double buggy down but alot harder to get back up the stairs!

Tesco is now a Parcel Motel location.

I saw that this evening- when did that happen? Might just start using parcel motel now, that's incredibly handy!

I finally got an account and got something delivered there,I must go collect it though;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Noticed that about 2 weeks ago. A lot handier that having to go into Lucan to pick up.

Fantastic. I use them a lot. Much handier than Grand Canal Dock for a work delivery.

I collected my parcel:) the lockers are outside in the underground carpark at the side nearest the garage.

Bistro 53 has applied for planning to extend upstairs in their unit.

There's also planning in to build three retail units in Castlepark - the units in Griffin Rath haven't been taken up and its further from the town but its always possible they'll be used.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭RobTheLad

Bistro 53 has applied for planning to extend upstairs in their unit.

There's also planning in to build three retail units in Castlepark - the units in Griffin Rath haven't been taken up and its further from the town but its always possible they'll be used.

Hi MYOB, is there a link to this planning gone in, just curious to see?

The planning website is very hard to deep link to:
    http://webgis.kildarecoco.ie/PlanningEnquiryLIte/default.aspx

Put in "maynooth" as location and you get 99.9% of things applied for here. The very odd application either has such a long address that Maynooth gets cut off, or has Maigh Nuad / Ma Nuad instead.

There's a nicer but damn slow and Internet Explorer only map interface.

And I've just realised the planning application for the 3 shops is Moyglare Hall not Castlepark, tried to think too fast and connected M[something] Homes with Mason Homes who are building Castlepark. Shop units out there *will* do well when the school opens.

• Advertisement

Shop units out there *will* do well when the school opens.

Which won't be until 2016 at the earliest.

I notice Homeworld (old Irish Permanent / Bartons building) has closed, had "closed for stock take" up last week and now that sign has gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,624 ✭✭✭TheBody

I notice Homeworld (old Irish Permanent / Bartons building) has closed, had "closed for stock take" up last week and now that sign has gone.

Yea, I noticed that today. I hope it's not another business to close it's doors, althought it doesn't look good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

Crosshatch in Manor Mills is gone too.

Crosshatch in Manor Mills is gone too.

Hrm, I assumed the closing down sale was the same as the previous one - where it didn't. Obviously not.

First time there's been more than a handful of empty retail units here in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

They're gone alright, if you look in through the plastic, they've cleared everything out, bare walls left.

Saw a shop I hadn't noticed before beside Mizzonis - looks like a clothing repair store. Must be new cos the shop front is very visible so I can't believe I didn't see it before if it was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

I think its called zip Yard? clothes reapirs and alterations. They seem very busy already. lots of people walking around with the distinctive yellow and black bag. Think they are only open a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,624 ✭✭✭TheBody

Orion wrote: »
    Saw a shop I hadn't noticed before beside Mizzonis - looks like a clothing repair store. Must be new cos the shop front is very visible so I can't believe I didn't see it before if it was there.

They are in the unit where the Hula Bou used to be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Rathkenny

Great to see that the shop in the train station has reopened, albeit with new staff. Hopefully they'll do good business.

Advertisement