Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Shop Maynooth

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

A new Sweet shop going into Kiernan's old shop at the bus stop

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

SQ2 wrote: »

If its an old-fashioned sweet shop, I give it three months. Passing, or at this stage, past fad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

Work appears to be well and truly under way in the Avenue extension! It won't be open for this weekend though, obviously. Apparently it's going to a dimly lit cosy snug feel / prohibition era inspired little section to the restaurant. I'm probably not describing it correctly, but it sounded nice :pac:

Work appears to be well and truly under way in the Avenue extension! It won't be open for this weekend though, obviously. Apparently it's going to a dimly lit cosy snug feel / prohibition era inspired little section to the restaurant. I'm probably not describing it correctly, but it sounded nice :pac:

Wine Bar and private dining room according to their facebook page

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Where is this?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I was trying to work that out too:)

kellief wrote: »
    Where is this?

More recently the tattoo shop/cash for clothes place

kellief wrote: »
    Where is this?

More recently the tattoo shop/cash for clothes place

I remember that shop now!! Good man!

Hmmm... Not entirely sure the new sweet shop sign is meant to be that crooked... :S

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,624 ✭✭✭TheBody

Hmmm... Not entirely sure the new sweet shop sign is meant to be that crooked... :S

What new sweet shop? Where is it?

TheBody wrote: »
    What new sweet shop? Where is it?

Beside Coonans

• Registered Users Posts: 5,624 ✭✭✭TheBody

Beside Coonans

Be the hokey!! Muct check it out.

TheBody wrote: »
    Be the hokey!! Muct check it out.

Not open yet, but looks fairly close to it...

Planning has gone in to turn the previous Hegartys office in to an extension of The Avenue as has been mentioned multiple times. 14/163. Oddly only seems to mention first floor - but the documents aren't digitized yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Rathkenny

Has anyone been in the new Coffee Lounge on Mill St yet (where the off licence used to be)? They've done a nice job from the outside and curious what it's like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

tried to go in there the other day with a few buggies. staff were very nice and accommodating but manager was annoyed at the buggies and was rude. we left and went somewhere else

looked very nice but would try and not go back if i could help it because of the manager

It's owned, as far as I know, by the coffee mill further down. Not tried it yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

It is. And I also heard it's not allowed open after 6pm to prevent competition with the Stonehaven.

That makes sense with the same building owner alright, but does it make sense that he already has the one downstairs as well? What's the difference food wise? I heard the prices don't seem to be aimed at the student market

• Advertisement

Stonehaven and Coffee Lounge are different owners. Stonehaven is a nice restaurant - good food if a little pricey. I tend to go to Bistro 53 these days if I'm going out for a meal.

The Coffee Mill and the Coffee Lounge share the same owners

I know that - I thought you were referring to the Stonehaven as it's directly below the new one.

I ate in the new Coffee Lounge last night (I work upstairs so it was handy!). Service was really fast and very friendly. I got a caesar salad and mam had a goats cheese tart and both were very tasty. I'll definitely go back!
    Prices weren't OTT either, so it was reasonable. Suitable for a quick lunch too

So what's the difference between the coffee mill and the coffee lounge then, bar the location?

Had breakfast in the Coffee Lounge this morning. It's beautifully decorated and the food was of good quality. Service was quick and they have a lot of staff. My husband thought they should have included filter coffee in the price of the mini & full Irish breakfasts. Mini breakfast was €7 and then another €2.50 or there abouts for coffee. I've only been in the coffee mill once a long time ago so can't really compare.

On a separate note it looks like Evolution Hair Salon has shut down. I'm gutted I have to say. Found them great and good value.

Rathkenny wrote: »
    Had breakfast in the Coffee Lounge this morning. It's beautifully decorated and the food was of good quality. Service was quick and they have a lot of staff. My husband thought they should have included filter coffee in the price of the mini & full Irish breakfasts. Mini breakfast was €7 and then another €2.50 or there abouts for coffee. I've only been in the coffee mill once a long time ago so can't really compare.

On a separate note it looks like Evolution Hair Salon has shut down. I'm gutted I have to say. Found them great and good value.

Where was that?

Where was that?

Off doctors lane - there's a small group of shops where the equestrian/ski shop is.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Had breakfast in The Gatehouse on Friday , it was gorgeous

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Had breakfast in The Gatehouse on Friday , it was gorgeous

Any idea what time the early bird starts/finishes?

Advertisement