Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Shop Maynooth

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

No, but Bistro 51 have an amazing early bird which I think ends at 19:30.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

New sweet shop opens tomorrow on main st. Don't have a lot of hope for it long term.

Opens the first sunday in lent also...

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

lordgoat wrote: »
    Opens the first sunday in lent also...

Not sure that really matters to about 95% of the population, even in Maynooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ytareh

Moonbeam wrote: »
    No, but Bistro 51 have an amazing early bird which I think ends at 19:30.

Its Bistro 53 :-) and yes its a terrific place .Definitely the 'swankiest' of the towns mega selection of restaurants without being expensive .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

Just back from that new coffee lounge, really nice lunch and coffee, really plush surroundings, staff were great, we had one high chair for the kid and the must've been at least 2 other babies in high chairs, staff were really attentive, played with the baby a bit. Food was excellent, hand carved ham on brown bread with soup was €10, and Duck risotto balls were about €7 really good, will defo be back. If they keep the standard this high they'll be trouble for a lot of places in the town.

*edit

Just reading back comments about the manager , the bloke today couldn't do more for us.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

Anyone know what's going on with the Maxol garage? It's hardly closing, is it?

Refit / tank inspection? Only noticed it was closed today when I needed a gas cylinder too.

It was closed from about midday yesterday, I think. Just seems a long time for a garage to be closed, with no notices up to tell people what's happening. They had pulled rubbish bins across the entrances yesterday and the fences went up today, which would leave me believe it was a rush job of some sort

• Registered Users Posts: 5,624 ✭✭✭TheBody

Didn't something similar happen with Esso some months ago???

TheBody wrote: »
    Didn't something similar happen with Esso some months ago???

Yes. That was a rolling refit done to every Esso owned station in the country (meaning I had the experience of turning in to a set of barriers multiple times as they took my fuelcard in the last job...). This Maxol is a franchiser but it could still be exactly the same kind of thing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

No idea either but there is plenty of activity there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Was in the new sweet shop on Monday. Prices aren't too bad - certainly cheaper than any supermarket bags. I mentioned that Lent was an odd time of year to open a sweet shop - he'd actually planned on opening before Christmas but solicitors delayed the whole thing with legal rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭missmyler

Does anyone know the name please of the new Jazz and Cocktails place opening on the main street? Drove by it today, sounds interesting...Oak something I think?

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

"Oak Alley" appears to be the name of it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

missmyler wrote: »
    Does anyone know the name please of the new Jazz and Cocktails place opening on the main street? Drove by it today, sounds interesting...Oak something I think?

wheres this?

On the Main St just opposite the bus stop

That sounds deadly!! I must have a gander later on, nothing online about it yet from what I can see.

Looks a couple of months away at least I'd guess?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

Heard through the Maynooth rumour mill, please take all below with a large pinch of salt.

This will be a 125 seat restaurant (which sounds massive for Maynooth). Also heard someone mention sushi. Also heard it was Donatello's/Picardero's opening it.

Hadn't heard anything about the Sushi part, but afaik it's Mr & Mrs Donatello that owns it alright - who also owns Picaderos. Gap in the market, but I wouldn't say it's a 125 seat gap!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Staplor wrote: »
    Heard through the Maynooth rumour mill, please take all below with a large pinch of salt.

This will be a 125 seat restaurant (which sounds massive for Maynooth). Also heard someone mention sushi. Also heard it was Donatello's/Picardero's opening it.

Where is this meant to be going in?

Where is this meant to be going in?

New unit beside the dentists on the main street, was a derelict house for a decade or more.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

MYOB wrote: »
    New unit beside the dentists on the main street, was a derelict house for a decade or more.

Ahh the new jazz place.

I remember Eddie Rockets being mentioned before too.
    I like the idea of a jazz bar..a good japanese would be awesome though.

Jazz sucks. I'd rather listen to 1D perform Spice Girls hits. With megaphones. In the style of the chipmunks.

Orion wrote: »
    Jazz sucks. I'd rather listen to 1D perform Spice Girls hits. With megaphones. In the style of the chipmunks.

I am sure that can be arranged some Friday night in Bradys;)

Thursday is my night in Brady's. Well one of them anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,624 ✭✭✭TheBody

Am I dreaming or did Caulfields not do the Jazz thing when it was renovated?

Edit: 3,000 posts!! Go me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭missmyler

Staplor wrote: »
    Also heard someone mention sushi.

There's a new Sushi and Noodle bar/takeaway opening shortly on Celbridge Main st (in the old Pizza hut). Not Maynooth I know but wonder if they are getting mixed up?

• Advertisement

TheBody wrote: »
    Am I dreaming or did Caulfields not do the Jazz thing when it was renovated?

Piano bar.

Advertisement