Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Shop Maynooth

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

The piano bar was gone when it reopened.

They have a venue upstairs now where the Indian used to be. Decent spot actually. iirc they had a Jazz band there one night shortly after opening - maybe that's what you're thinking of. Singer/songwriter night every Tuesday. Bands most weeks too.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

Just had a quick nose there, Oak Alley looks very close to opening.
    The interior looks as if it's ready to go this weekend, tables dressed, paintings hung etc. Looks very nice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

According to their Facebook they'll be open in two days.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Droichead nua

they opened yesterday... pics on their facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Droichead nua

Orion wrote: »
    The piano bar was gone when it reopened.

They have a venue upstairs now where the Indian used to be. Decent spot actually. iirc they had a Jazz band there one night shortly after opening - maybe that's what you're thinking of. Singer/songwriter night every Tuesday. Bands most weeks too.

is the upstairs of caufields open all the time now? thought it was just a function room...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

is the upstairs of caufields open all the time now? thought it was just a function room...

The upstairs is now The Loft, a live music venue. Nice little spot, played there last week :)

Wow, that's a lot of pavement gone to Oak Alley... Twice the width of Avenue and Picaderos!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

SQ2 wrote: »
    Wow, that's a lot of pavement gone to Oak Alley... Twice the width of Avenue and Picaderos!

I'd question whether they've got appropriate permissions if they're using that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

missmyler wrote: »
    There's a new Sushi and Noodle bar/takeaway opening shortly on Celbridge Main st (in the old Pizza hut). Not Maynooth I know but wonder if they are getting mixed up?

Maybe so the Maynooth rumour mill goes on, the footpath at the side of Oak Alley is massive, that's another few parking spots gone now

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Gan anam

Any know when this restaurant is opening??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,624 ✭✭✭TheBody

Gan anam wrote: »

It's already open for business.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Gan anam wrote: »

It opened last Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Rathkenny

An Indian called Mumbai Spice opened in the Glenroyal last weekend. To be honest it seems that it's more like Lan Tania has just added an Indian menu but good to have some sort of Indian in Maynooth again.

We tried a takeaway from it and it was ok. The menu was dropped through the door but it is quite limited and expensive. Overall not a patch on Delhi Darbar in Celbridge which does a great takeaway deal for 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

Rathkenny wrote: »
    An Indian called Mumbai Spice opened in the Glenroyal last weekend. To be honest it seems that it's more like Lan Tania has just added an Indian menu but good to have some sort of Indian in Maynooth again.

We tried a takeaway from it and it was ok. The menu was dropped through the door but it is quite limited and expensive. Overall not a patch on Delhi Darbar in Celbridge which does a great takeaway deal for 2.

I saw the menu and thought it was shockingly expensive, however if it was really good I'd pay it :(

Is the menu available online?

There's a photo of it on their Facebook page, but it's a bit hard to read.

I don't see any veggie option either :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

no veggie option on the Indian menu?

Moonbeam wrote: »
    no veggie option on the Indian menu?

Ignore me, I was browsing half asleep and assumed we were talking about Oak Alley...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I was in Oak Alley this evening.
    There was a vegetarian starter and main course,only 1 though.
    It was gorgeous though the starter was vegetable fritters and the main was squash and sweet potato curry.
    It is quite expensive there but the food was lovely and service was excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

New computer game shop open in Manor Mills opposite the escalators.

Chill have cut back their evening opening hours for the summer.

• Advertisement

Surprised they've cut back during the summer evenings, students going home have obviously made a difference.

Ate in Mumbai Spice recently also, in case anyone didn't know (because it doesn't seem to be signposted anywhere) it's actually the same restaurant as Lan Tania, but you have to ask for the Indian Menu.
    It was tasty, but fairly expensive.
    Onion Bahjis, poppadoms, a beer and a korma with rice worked out at around 30 a head.

Do Mumbai Spice do delivery/takeaway? I normally get my Indians from Delhi Darbar but I could give these ones a try - their Thai is lovely.

Found them on Just-eat. Won't be buying from Mumbai Spice it seems.

First example - Chicken Tikka Masala is 10.99 + 2.00 for boiled rice or plain naan.
    In Delhi Darbar - same is 9.95 including boiled rice or plain naan.

I see today that "Dove" dry cleaners seem to be moved into the usual dry cleaning spot at Tesco

Bumbai Creative do really good Indian and deliver to Maynooth.

An Indian would have to be near exceptional to get me to change from the Delhi Darbar and would have to be another level entirely beyond that to justify being dearer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Wasn't impressed with the food Mumbai Spice at all. I like the food in Lan Tania.

MYOB wrote: »
    An Indian would have to be near exceptional to get me to change from the Delhi Darbar and would have to be another level entirely beyond that to justify being dearer.

Totally agree. Delhi Darbar is lovely food and very reasonable.

The Eastern European food shop on the main street (former Top Of The Crop unit/beside Dawsons) and the headstone shop in Greenfields both appear to have closed down. Still an incredibly low number of empty units in the town overall though which is a good thing.

• Advertisement

I heard a few weeks ago that Eddie Rockets and KFC will be opening beside Tesco. No idea when though - it's a new build not existing units.

Advertisement