Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Shop Maynooth

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

oooh that is the 2nd Eddie Rockets rumour that I have heard \o/

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

MYOB wrote: »
    The Eastern European food shop on the main street (former Top Of The Crop unit/beside Dawsons) and the headstone shop in Greenfields both appear to have closed down. Still an incredibly low number of empty units in the town overall though which is a good thing.

They have being clearing the headstone shop for a few days but it was always closed with a note up saying please call this number for assistance.
    Hopefully we get a useful shop there,not sure what though!!

Tried the new coffee shop while I had a child free morning,I now have 4 locations to get lemon Meringue pie in Maynooth. The food was really nice and the bonus for me was they made me a soya hot chocolate:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ytareh

Seeing as this seems to be the default Maynooth 'catch -all ' thread ,the new Oak Alley restaurant (cajun /creole etc style) gets a big two thumbs up from me !Chill has a new menu too with some brilliant pizzas...

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Orion wrote: »
    I heard a few weeks ago that Eddie Rockets and KFC will be opening beside Tesco. No idea when though - it's a new build not existing units.

I watch the planning applications like a hawk so I'll report back if something goes in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Eddie Rockets??? Wahoo!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

The Coffee Lounge that opened recently had a notice in the door this morning saying they were closed... Anyone have anymore on this? Just today or permanent??

The NCBI charity shop appears to have closed though I didn't head in to the carpark to check.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

The NCBI charity shop appears to have closed though I didn't head in to the carpark to check.

Definitely gone. Shop is cleared out. Hopefully its just a relocation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

The Treatment Room (just inside Finesse) will be moving to above Donatellos shortly, next door to where The Body Garage currently are (moved there ages ago from Doctor's Lane).

Coffee Lounge open again today. Sorry for scare mongering!
    In other news, Chill have much improved their menu, and now also stock Heineken! :)

• Advertisement

K'n'B Music are moving at the end of the month, into where the bike shop and the charity shop used to be a couple of doors down. They're taking the two units.

Kinda sad to see them leaving the main street. I wonder what'll take their place? Probably another restaurant, judging by the rest of the town :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

That's an odd move for KNB. They lose main street frontage and don't gain much space in return.

Orion wrote: »
    That's an odd move for KNB. They lose main street frontage and don't gain much space in return.

Apparently the new space will be a good bit bigger, and the rates/rent decrease is going to be massive enough to justify it. They're not happy about the lack of visibility, but by the sounds of it they don't have much choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Hopefully their customer base is loyal enough to keep coming back regardless. It's always a pleasure buying from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭twinklerunner

Dolbert wrote: »
    Hopefully their customer base is loyal enough to keep coming back regardless. It's always a pleasure buying from them.

I agree, lovely lads - always look after you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭doolox

I've bought some stuff off them for my musical needs and always find them very helpful and knowledgeable

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Rathkenny

Dolbert wrote: »

I also agree. I was in there for the first time yesterday and they were a pleasure to deal with. Very helpful and friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭blueshed

Any feed back on the Indian resturant in the Glenroyal hotel, Mumbai Spice.

blueshed wrote: »
    Any feed back on the Indian resturant in the Glenroyal hotel, Mumbai Spice.

Yep, In this very thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭blueshed

SQ2 wrote: »
    Yep, In this very thread!

think i'll give the place a miss, not great reports and now for another question

anywhere in the area doing good kebabs.

• Advertisement

How sober do you intend to be eating them? Critical question!

What appears to be a women's hairdresser going in to the former headstone shop at Greenfields.

There's an application for temporary permission to continue with the carpark on Leinster Street where the priests house used to be so whatever else was planned for there is still likely to be some time away.

KBC Bank going in the former Halifax (and briefly clothes shop) unit in Manor Mills.

Bruce Betting has moved (well, I presume its moved) in to the former Top Of The Crop / more recently the eastern european food shop on the main street. They were down the side lane beside Mantra which would be very poor for passing trade.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭squirrel6767

Had a bad experience there. Got a dress fitted and paid in advance. When I went to pick it up, it did not fit at all. Had it fitted again and when I returned to pick it up they tried to charge me a second time for the extra work! The manager on the desk was so rude. I refused to pay a second time, when the work was not finished properly the first time. Got home and tried on the dress again - still does not fit. Won't be going back.

Had a bad experience there. Got a dress fitted and paid in advance. When I went to pick it up, it did not fit at all. Had it fitted again and when I returned to pick it up they tried to charge me a second time for the extra work! The manager on the desk was so rude. I refused to pay a second time, when the work was not finished properly the first time. Got home and tried on the dress again - still does not fit. Won't be going back.

Bruce Betting??

Tesco have applied to put some "kiosk units" on the ground floor of their shop. Also noticed that they got permission to start selling normal stuff in the petrol station unit rather than just fuel as before; nothing's changed there yet though. If its like in the UK, the petrol station will have smokes, milk, bread etc at the same price as the main shop but be 24 hours.

Tesco have applied to put some "kiosk units" on the ground floor of their shop. Also noticed that they got permission to start selling normal stuff in the petrol station unit rather than just fuel as before; nothing's changed there yet though. If its like in the UK, the petrol station will have smokes, milk, bread etc at the same price as the main shop but be 24 hours.

The petrol station closes at 11pm, which is one hour before the main shop now closes, so it won't attract any late night shoppers. It will more than likely be handier for people who need to get petrol and bread etc I would imagine. I wonder what kiosks they are planning? There can't be that much space for kiosks on the ground floor unless they expand into the carpark?

kellief wrote: »
    The petrol station closes at 11pm, which is one hour before the main shop now closes, so it won't attract any late night shoppers. It will more than likely be handier for people who need to get petrol and bread etc I would imagine. I wonder what kiosks they are planning? There can't be that much space for kiosks on the ground floor unless they expand into the carpark?

I'd be fairly certain they'll open the petrol station later once it has other stuff to sell. Fuel is very low margin, its the other stuff that makes the money.

I imagine it might just be something a bit more permanent for the electronic smokes vendors. The mention of the ATM means its probably under the stairs/escalators.

• Advertisement

I'd be fairly certain they'll open the petrol station later once it has other stuff to sell. Fuel is very low margin, its the other stuff that makes the money.

I imagine it might just be something a bit more permanent for the electronic smokes vendors. The mention of the ATM means its probably under the stairs/escalators.

I suppose yeah, they would have the appeal then over Maxol/Esso if people use the clubcard scheme. They would do better to try fill the empty units in Carton Park first! :P

Advertisement