Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Shop Maynooth

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I'm not sure someone selling cheap e-smokes can take and fill a full-height warehouse unit, but it'd be interesting to see them try!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

Signs up today for a bike shop opening soon at the shops in Newtown

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

The Fuji photo shop in Tesco car park seems to be closed, I wonder is it with a view to moving to one of the Kiosks

Pretty sad to see that Kehoe's (aka Maynooth Coffee House) has closed, they did a cracking breakfast! 25 years open in Maynooth last year as well...

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭TonyStark

Staplor wrote: »
    Signs up today for a bike shop opening soon at the shops in Newtown

Opens today apparently.. will be dropping a wheel in to get it trued later. :-)

• Advertisement

Kehoes used to be the only place in town that sold such exotic delights as balsamic vinegar.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I don't know Kehoes at all,but I am going to presume it is the place that looks terrible from outside and my buggy won't fit through the 1st door.

Moonbeam wrote:
    I don't know Kehoes at all,but I am going to presume it is the place that looks terrible from outside and my buggy won't fit through the 1st door.

A good example for not judging a book by its cover! :) Can't argue the buggy point though...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

Article in this week's Champion about them. Open almost 27 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Does anyone know why they have closed? I'll be sorry to see it go!

• Advertisement

Retirement I think. The full Champion article is on one of the town Facebook pages

The music shop on the Square has moved to its new premises.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Lot more space now in KNB. Double the floor space and half the rent.

Abrakabra is gone, replaced by a place called pizzadog - serving pizza and hotdogs...

the jewellers in manor mills is gone too.

And the small shop in Moyglare village appears to be closed too.

The coffee shop which I assume still has the same name after the sign fell off (Boss Hogg) has been closed the last few times I've passed it in normal hours - is it still going?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 pbear007

Abrakabra is gone, replaced by a place called pizzadog - serving pizza and hotdogs...

the jewellers in manor mills is gone too.
    Pizza dog a cool new spot .Visited midweek round 6pm .Tenner for any sized pizza , opening offer , super value for 16" .Still nice 24 hours later at home , a real sign of quality .Perhaps the highest praise I can think of is that it's on a par with Rebel Pizza and they're legendary .Fair bit of seating .Maybe not dream first date venue but perfectly adequate as a budget night out eaterie!Shabby chic?!
    If you're ever out in Bray the former owner of "Greenes" has an amazing pizza place with
    New York ambience , 'Platform'(?) The toilets are accessed by walking through a wardrobe .Narnia -esque !
    Pizza Dog could /should do well .Then again AbraKebabra closing down isnt a great portent.
    Jewellers gone now in Manor Mills ? Still hard times I guess .

Very surprised about bernard john! I was only in there last week! The garage on Mill Street is being replaced by a card shop!

I thought it was a card shop, but today I looked in as they were working on it and it looks like another €2 shop. Newtown Inn has a steakhouse and an Indian now, anyone been?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

I thought it was a card shop, but today I looked in as they were working on it and it looks like another €2 shop. Newtown Inn has a steakhouse and an Indian now, anyone been?

Ah for fecks sake, poor lads in the Eurosaver! That'd be pretty shítty for them if that's true. Do we really need another discount shop in the same vein??

I'm very surprised about the jewellers too, especialy considering it's what I'd imagine would be their busiest season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Rathkenny

Interesting. Is the Chinese gone?

According to signage it must be

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I wasn't sure if the jewellers was actually gone or just closed for pre christmas prep.
    There is a sale shop behine the back of the ski shop but never seen it open.

Moonbeam wrote: »
    I wasn't sure if the jewellers was actually gone or just closed for pre christmas prep.
    There is a sale shop behine the back of the ski shop but never seen it open.

Mam said she looked in and there is nothing left inside and a sign on the door that tells you who to call if you put a deposit down or are waiting on something. Very strange. Their website is useless to get any further information!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Ms. Koi wrote: »
    Mam said she looked in and there is nothing left inside and a sign on the door that tells you who to call if you put a deposit down or are waiting on something. Very strange. Their website is useless to get any further information!

Yeh was there yesterday, the whole unit is cleaned out. Only a number on the shutters to call about deposits or repairs.

saw it today and the pound type shop where the tyre place was.
    I do not think it will last long though,nothing amazing there.

I'm just baffled by the duplicates of shops in the town. No need for multiples of the same thing.

Unless we get a subway, no more food places!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

I don't get why Leixlip has a subway and Maynooth doesn't- surely there'd be much more demand for for it here?

It may have something to do with there being a Subway in Kilcock as well as Leixlip. Franchise owners can have a veto if another franchisee wants to setup within 7(?) miles of each other, so they could effectively be blocking each other from setting up. That or the fact that there is abolutely no shortage of other options in Maynooth!

• Advertisement

Subway are not known for having good franchisee protection though

Advertisement