Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Shop Maynooth

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I always wonder what the weird smell from Subway shops is..

I wonder has someone taken up the lease on the old Tesco and is that why the shop and collect moved?

I hope something nice replaces Bernard John and it does not involve food.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Moonbeam wrote: »
    I always wonder what the weird smell from Subway shops is..

A mix of the bread baking and the fake smell of bread baking basically. Most of them don't bake bread all day long

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Rathkenny

I wonder has someone taken up the lease on the old Tesco and is that why the shop and collect moved?

As far as I know it moved as it wasn't covered and a pain to collect shopping in the rain.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

still no Pennys for Maynooth so:(
    it does make sense

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

I think they need to evaluate what is happening with the spaces in maynooth, there are vacant spots with a market for specific shops and an over use of the same facility.

• Advertisement

still no Pennys for Maynooth so:(
    it does make sense

Did I read that Penneys will be in the Liffey Valley extension? Even more unlikely for one in Maynooth if that's the case! You'd think it'd be a good location for one though with all the students.

Rathkenny wrote: »
    Did I read that Penneys will be in the Liffey Valley extension? Even more unlikely for one in Maynooth if that's the case! You'd think it'd be a good location for one though with all the students.

As far as I was aware, there is an embargo on Penneys going into Liffey Valley that M&S and Dunnes have arranged as it would damage their income. I may be wrong though

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Considering Dunnes aren't even an original tenant (replaced C&A), that sounds a bit rumour-mill to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

Plus all. 3 are in dundrum together with no issues.

There is going to be a Liffey Valley extension?
    I would like some decent clothes shops,basicly I want an excuse to never have to leave Maynooth to shop;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Being Penny's free is a plus I would have thought!!

Did I read on here some time back that there was rumours of an Eddie Rockets opening up? I wouldn't mind that.

I would love an Eddie Rockets:)

I did say I may be wrong ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭TonyStark

I would love an Eddie Rockets:)

Chicken Tenders.... Nyom!

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

I believe the Eddie Rockets rumour was at the time the centre was built, so pretty old at this stage!

SQ2 wrote: »
    I believe the Eddie Rockets rumour was at the time the centre was built, so pretty old at this stage!

The centre ?

I wonder why no one ever took the other unit beside Next at Tesco ?

manor mills centre

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

Would be handy if a decent food place like eddies or something opened near tesco. Mc Donald's is crap and o briens only have ready made stuff. Sometimes I'm hungry after the shopping and couldn't be bothered walking all the way into town lol!

I am not the only one so,I am always hoping they would open something nice but quick over there. I am not a fan of O'Briens at all and really dislike Mac Donalds except the coffee.

The "Vodafone" shop is moving from the corner opposite The Roost to the Bernard John unit I heard today... it wasn't idle long!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

Got a pizza from Pizza Dog last night. Pizza was brilliant, better than Maximus which I think was the best pizza in town

Better than The Gatehouse?

Better then Rebel ?

Does the Gatehouse deliver? And I'm not a rebel fan.

Staplor wrote: »
    Does the Gatehouse deliver? And I'm not a rebel fan.

Collection only as far as I know.

Collection only as far as I know.

Screw that, I'm lazy!!!!

Just had Pizza Dog delivery this evening. I'd say the pizza was very close to Rebel standard - very nice. The hot wings were €5 and 5 of them arrived in the box. Put in a call to them and apparently this was correct! they were nice enough but at €1 a piece you'd expect them to be!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

they were nice enough but at €1 a piece you'd expect them to be!

And big enough too I hope!

Dropped in earlier for a PD Pizza, pretty tasty I have to say, very similar in taste to a Pizza Hut Pizza (or is it Domino's I'm thinking of?!) but the base is thinner. Hard to say better if better than Mizzoni or Rebel, just different! I like the decor and the music, between the 5 or 6 Indian gents behind the counter, and the 5 Indian delivery drivers, it's a little bit "shouty"! It will do well.
    Gatehouse pizza still better though I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Just ordered Pizza Dog delivery through just-eat.ie they're doing an offer of buy one medium/large pizza and get one free between 7-9pm!

Advertisement