Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Shop Maynooth

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,624 ✭✭✭TheBody

Dropped into Pizza Dog earlier and had the New York Dog and Taco fries.

I'm afraid I wasn't impressed. The sausage was tastless. It wasn't that it tasted bad, it didn't taste of anything!

The taco fries were ok. I'd prefer the ones in Supermacs.

Can't comment on the pizza's but I think there is much better to be had in the town.

On a side note, the floor was filthy. Crap all over it and what seemed like chewing gum stuck to the floor Not very impressive for a new restaurant.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Pizza Dog pizza is good IMHO. Goujons not to my liking. Wings? Awful. Five wings for five euro from a takeaway? Awful value. Haven't tried the hot dogs yet, but will give the pulled pork a go . Tried bacon and cheese chips - ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

The Kinder Bueno milkshake from Pizza Dog is unreal. Rooster fries are nice too. Pizza is alright, not the best.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I saw work going on on Tuesday night late where the jewellers used to be,any sign of what is going in there?

Moonbeam wrote: »
    I saw work going on on Tuesday night late where the jewellers used to be,any sign of what is going in there?

Vodafone have opened up.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

Fecking Vodafone!! Was hoping for something a bit different, something I could have a browse in. Nobody wants to browse phones!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

Manor Mills already has the king of browsing shops though, Tiger. Picked up lots of christmas presents in there so far :)

Somebody posted previously that Boss Hogg/Atlas coffee shop was closed when they were going past - is it closed for good? Haven't been over near it for a while. Can't find the facebook page for it, which isn't a good sign. It's such a shame if it's gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Its Facebook page said it was closed temporarily, then it was deleted. However their twitter has "01.01.2015" on it so it may be reopening.

https://twitter.com/AtlasUnit1

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭RobTheLad

Have heard that KFC are opening up at Tesco, in the carpark of the old Tesco

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Someone asked atlas on twitter if the 1.1.15 "is that how long Maynooth has to wait for good coffee?" and they replied " it is. We apologise. Upgrades and renovations m'good lady".

Strange that they would just suddenly close like that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭2011abc

Can confirm Pizza Dog ,Kinder Bueno milkshake is worth a try !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Where is this Pizza Dog place located?

andreac wrote: »
    Where is this Pizza Dog place located?

Across the road from the Roost.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

Mexx in Manor Mills is closing down. closing down sale on at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

Got food out of Pizza Dog the week or two after it opened, got a menu in the door and thought it seemed very good value. You get a massive pizza (16in?), garlic pizza bread, fries/wedges, chicken goujons and a bottle of coke for about 20 quid or so. But, the pizza and garlic pizza bread were VERY thin and in our opinion, bland. The pizza not so bad because of the tomato sauce and toppings but not awfully cheesy either. The garlic pizza bread - might as well have been eating cardboard.
    Thought the goujons were nice. Surprised to hear there's only 5 wings in a €5 portion - sure Rebel does 10 for €6. May try them again for the dogs and sides etc.

Has anybody been to "Beaufield Steakhouse & Grill" or can we confirm there being a new indian in there? I miss that Chinese, it was great for a dirty feed!

Tiger has signs saying its closed to the 26th. Atlas/Boss Hogg doesn't appear to have reopened although I've not passed during lunchtime which would be the best to check.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

I got 6 wings from Pizza Dog for my fiver, hooray! But wasn't all that impressed with them, I got them with the hot sauce and they tasted VERY vinegary! Chips and Wedges were only OK, girlfriend liked her pizza though.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Rathkenny

The Cool wrote: »
    Has anybody been to "Beaufield Steakhouse & Grill" or can we confirm there being a new indian in there? I miss that Chinese, it was great for a dirty feed!

The Indian seems to be on Just Eat. Haven't tried it yet but may do this weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Went there just before christmas. The indian food was nice if a bit basic. Haven't got the takeaway yet though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

Checked it out there on Just Eat, it's called Red Chilli. It seems well priced, most mains under a tenner and including sides - a lot of Indian places I've used before are 9.99 and then extra for sides. Onion Bhaji only 1.95. Probably not as good as Delhi Darbar in Celbridge (hard to be!) but if it's more affordable then it's worth a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Rathkenny

L1011 wrote: »
    Tiger has signs saying its closed to the 26th. Atlas/Boss Hogg doesn't appear to have reopened although I've not passed during lunchtime which would be the best to check.

Passed by at lunchtime today and Boss Hogg is still closed.

I am surprised Tiger is closing.
    We got Pizza from Pizza Dog,it is probably the worst Pizza in Maynooth,the Pizza the deli in the Newsagents makes is far better and it comes no where near Rebel which is lovely.
    We got food from Red Chilli and it was fine,nothing fancy but not horrible either.

I am surprised Tiger is closing

They say they're reopening on the 26th (rather than closing on it - its closed now)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

That other shop beside Mexx that I've never gone into- the curtain type place- is closing too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

Getting a little annoyed with Pizza Dog, I've ordered from the 3 times. First time was really good. The last two times the order has been wrong, the wife's aversion to mushrooms has not been accommodated, despite requesting this.

Their buy one get one free offer is pretty unbeatable, but I'm afraid other than between 7pm and 9pm they won't get an order for a long while.

That other shop beside Mexx that I've never gone into- the curtain type place- is closing too.

Aww,I liked them.
    I got blinds for the whole house among other things there and they were lovely.

I wonder why so many shops are pulling out? have rents gone up there?

Aww,I liked them.
    I got blinds for the whole house among other things there and they were lovely.

I wonder why so many shops are pulling out? have rents gone up there?

Its only two so far - I'm assuming Tiger will reopen. its happened before, they'll probably have them filled quickly enough.

and the Jewellery shop is recently gone too.

• Advertisement

I don't understand why Tiger seems to be such a popular shop. All I can see is junk in it.

Aside from my personal opinion, I hope it reopens for the sake of the jobs.

Advertisement