Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Shop Maynooth

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

It sells awesome little bits.
    If you have kids there is loads of art stuff and beads and sellotape and it is very reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

TheBody wrote: »
    I don't understand why Tiger seems to be such a popular shop. All I can see is junk in it.

Aside from my personal opinion, I hope it reopens for the sake of the jobs.

IKEA of pound shops. Pound shops are oddly successful and IKEA is very.

All I've ever bought there was spices mind. Decent selection even if I'm never quite sure how fresh they are, but the bags are much smaller than the monsters in Eurasia if you don't use much of something.

Moonbeam wrote: »
    and the Jewellery shop is recently gone too.

Rapidly replaced, albeit with a mover. I have a feeling that was organised/arranged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

Atlas coffee was open this morning when I passed it at about 8.40am. Saw a couple of people in it last night with the doors closed, having a meeting (I assume) so hopefully it's back up and running!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

It looks like it has been open for the last few days:)

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Rathkenny

Not Maynooth related but I remember this was discussed a little while ago. Penneys planned for Liffey valley. http://businessetc.thejournal.ie/liffey-valley-jobs-1955726-Feb2015/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Rathkenny wrote: »
    Not Maynooth related but I remember this was discussed a little while ago. Penneys planned for Liffey valley. http://businessetc.thejournal.ie/liffey-valley-jobs-1955726-Feb2015/

No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

I was talking to the girls in kelsos and they were saying it is the increasing price of rent. Such a pity as they are lovely. They aren't closing completely, they have a franchise so the stock will be moved to another store.

The one in Naas is closing

O2 shop in Tesco has closed - may have been closed for months as its in such a poor location I rarely see it.

I never noticed.
    As I always say I hope it is filled quickly and not my a pound typeshop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Chuck_Norris

L1011 wrote: »
    O2 shop in Tesco has closed - may have been closed for months as its in such a poor location I rarely see it.

Probably due to the takeover by 3.

Probably due to the takeover by 3.

It is, although it's not like we have a 3 store here. It may be the worst located unit in the town

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

I vaguely remember hearing ages ago (or possibly reading here) that Tescos wanted to put a separate Off Licence there. It really is an awfully located unit, but if something were to fill it, an Off Licence might have the best shot at surviving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Where was that o2 shop? Can't recall even seeing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Orion wrote: »
    Where was that o2 shop? Can't recall even seeing it?

Outside Tesco beside the pharmacy and the Parcel Motel locker

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Rathkenny

Any idea who's moving into the old Vodafone shop? The sign seems to say that it has been let.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Any idea who's moving into the old Vodafone shop? The sign seems to say that it has been let.

Now that has to be one of the smallest units I have ever seen in any town. Take out deli type place is about all I could ever see fitting in there unless 3/O2 take it for a centre location. Can't see them pulling out of a university town.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

Now that has to be one of the smallest units I have ever seen in any town. Take out deli type place is about all I could ever see fitting in there unless 3/O2 take it for a centre location. Can't see them pulling out of a university town.

Was a really good little deli there in the 90's . Was ahead of its time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

Was a really good little deli there in the 90's . Was ahead of its time.

New baby shop opening in the last big unit at Tesco

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

New baby shop opening in the last big unit at Tesco

Yep - Bella Baby. Their stuff is quite nice but not cheap! They do good sales though

I didn't expect that. It makes sense and saves non Dublin people a trip to Dundrum.
    It is nice to see irish shops locally too.

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

I saw bella baby just the other day. Any idea when it's opening?

When did the "nutrition" shop open at Supervalu?

I see the To Let sign is down off the former Pickwicks / the drum bit of KnB's old location and there was someone painting out all the signs

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭liamo22

Interesting

3wrmUmQ.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,624 ✭✭✭TheBody

Is it just me or does www.cathedral.ie not work.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

TheBody wrote:
    Is it just me or does the

TheBody wrote:
    not work.

Nope, invalid URL.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Are the same guys reopening it?

beertons wrote: »
    Are the same guys reopening it?

Its the original operator from when it opened the first time around.

Won't be a nightclub or have two separate setups on each floor. Guaranteed its going to be as pretentious as it was the first time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,624 ✭✭✭TheBody

Its the original operator from when it opened the first time around.

Won't be a nightclub or have two separate setups on each floor. Guaranteed its going to be as pretentious as it was the first time.

It won't last long so!

Advertisement