Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Shop Maynooth

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Rathkenny

There was a write up about it in one of the free local papers recently. It sounded like it was just a copy and paste from 5 years ago or whenever Mantra opened - largest garden bar in Ireland, high quality food, blah, blah...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

Saw pics of it online. Looks like they're going to town on it. As previously stated. These club revamps usually have strict door policies which usually fade out into the wind as the accountants remind them of customers = revenue.
    Hope it works out for them, however the barstaff are in need of replacing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

Same owner as original mantra with new backer. They used to bus people in from clondalkin....

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

congo_90 wrote: »
    Saw pics of it online. Looks like they're going to town on it. As previously stated. These club revamps usually have strict door policies which usually fade out into the wind as the accountants remind them of customers = revenue.
    Hope it works out for them, however the barstaff are in need of replacing!

Some of the worst bar staff i've ever encountered, was told by one bar woman that she wasn't giving me a glass of water, then gave me the middle finger. Manager looking at her apologises.

I was like are you the manager? I think she has my glass of water and your balls mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭TonyStark

Had food in Mantra once, was ok. It was technically food

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,219 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

TonyStark wrote: »
    Had food in Mantra once, was ok. It was technically food

the coffee was actually quite nice. Food not so much.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

ixus wrote: »
    Same owner as original mantra with new backer. They used to bus people in from clondalkin....

Heard off a drinks rep yesterday, they stripped it all down to the 4 walls, and are doing it all again. Spent 3 million on it the last time, crazy money for a place that's just leased. Something just doesn't seem right, when you hear it like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

I was told last night that the new name is Cathedral.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Orion wrote: »

See the pic above posted on 11th April :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

Well best of luck to cathedral and its business venture.
    In other news I see the 'ivy house' has been sold. I wonder who bought it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,697 ✭✭✭brian_t

Orion wrote: »

Their websites are working now.

http://www.cathedral.ie/

https://www.facebook.com/Cathedralvenue#!/Cathedralvenue

• Registered Users Posts: 6,697 ✭✭✭brian_t

congo_90 wrote: »
    In other news I see the 'ivy house' has been sold. I wonder who bought it?

According to the Champion it was bought by Angela Cunningham the sister of Jimmy McMahon who owns McMahons pub on Main Street for €420.000.

She seemed quite happy to be photographed at the auction too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

Haven Hire seems to be closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

Haven Hire seems to be closed.

I wouldn't say so, they were only renovating 2 weeks ago! Is Atlas coffee shop gone though? Never see it open anymore...
    Seen construction workers in the old Tesco building today also, anyone got any light to shed on that?

Ah, okay. I passed a few weeks ago and it looked like they were clearing the place out, and this evening the window looked very bare. Clearly I put 1+1 and got 50!

So I see Atlas now has the windows whited out, not sure if that means it's done and dusted, or if they're renovating?

I also see that they're laying tarmac INSIDE the old Tesco building! I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that they're definitely building a Go Kart Track in there! :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

why a go kart track?
    I saw that earlier too,I hope something good goes in there!!!

Moonbeam wrote: »
    why a go kart track?
    I saw that earlier too,I hope something good goes in there!!!

Something good like a Go Kart Track?! :D:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

and a cinema?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The building is too low ceilinged for a cinema.

Bella Baby opens next week

• Advertisement

I could be wrong, but I think the cinema idea was squashed a good while ago due to the roof height not being sufficient?

Plus, it would be difficult to hear movies with the sound of those Go Karts... :D

It was but I live in hope!! oh and a swimming pool;)

Bella baby is extremely over priced and unexciting,but it is nice to see new irish shops coming in.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Altas's twitter is gone this time so it might be final

Mantra/Cathedral's opening date seems to have slipped - mid June on the sign when I thought it was late May

L1011 wrote: »
    Altas's twitter is gone this time so it might be final

The windows are now painted over, so it looks to be gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

It's gone, as in the previous owners are not involved, but I'm pretty sure it's gonna reopen. Heard from a friend of a friend that there's new people trying to get it up and running.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Rathkenny

I was in Bella Baby yesterday. Lovely spacious shop. It's not the cheapest but I hope they do well.

Looks like a laptop/phone repair place going into the old Vodafone unit.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Anyone been to the cathedral yet? What ya think?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

Heard from a friend, a gang went, ordered fillet steak, the chef had none so just cooked rump for them, didn't consult them, when it arrived they questioned it and were told. Other few little teething issues in a new place.

I'll give it a go for food in a couple of months.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Were they charged the fillet steak price? That's not acceptable - teething issues or not. If you order fillet and they don't have it you should be told before it's cooked.

Advertisement