Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Shop Maynooth

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

Was in the new coffee shop that was formerly Boss Hoggs, amazing espresso

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

Is value town gone already?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Nice paint job on the Glenroyal. New owners sprucing it up a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Rathkenny

SQ2 wrote: »

It was closed yesterday alright.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

SQ2 wrote: »

Was the the new pound shop type place near bon bon ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

That didn't have planning permission for that kind of retail (there was an enforcement order on it)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

L1011 wrote: »
    That didn't have planning permission for that kind of retail (there was an enforcement order on it)

Noticed on Friday that Bon Bon has a retention application in for change of use to a coffee shop. Looks like that conversion wasn't ok either

Patser wrote: »
    Seen an old shop to right of Cathedral being painted up today with Coming Soon ; Frida, Mexican restaurant

Any idea when Frida is opening? STill says 'coming soon' in the window. I want a burrito. Please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

Seemed to be work going on in there the other evening, glad to see it, the more work they do in there, the more confident I'll be in it

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Rathkenny

The old KnB music shop has a hand made sign in the window saying 'The Glass Doll Opening Soon'. There's also other handmade signs saying 'lace' 'gifts' and 'retro clothes'.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I saw that and am wondering whatis going in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,624 ✭✭✭TheBody

I wish them well but they will have to sell a lot of buttons to pay the rent in a prime location like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

Any idea when Frida is opening? STill says 'coming soon' in the window. I want a burrito. Please.

Picaderos do them for lunch.

ixus wrote: »
    Picaderos do them for lunch.

€10.50! (11.50 for chicken) And that's just for the burrito.

The three places in Dublin that usually end up being the ones that cause wars amongst friends about who does the best burrito are all around 6.50 for a burrito and a drink

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

You should try the burrito place in Leixlip

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Stealthirl wrote: »
    You should try the burrito place in Leixlip

Especially since they deliver!

Some quality info here! Didn't know about the place in Leixlip that delivers.
    Have been to Picaderos and really like it but wouldn't be a regular due to price. I mean it's not extortionate but it's not somewhere you'd casually pick up a burrito for lunch. Lovely atmosphere though.

Bring on Frida!

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭lol5605

Check out the place in Leixlip, I've lived off it since it opened. Last day I was in there they had fillet steaks on the menu I'm yet to try them but I would say they are amazing. Get my lunch there at least 3 times a week. I think I have a problem.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,678 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Just on the off chance--Anyone find what looks like a Bluetooth earpiece in the Roost last night?Its not a Bluetooth earpiece--its part of my smart watch.

Looks like the pic attached.

Has a load of data saved on it that's going to take me ages to get back.

Moral of the story--smart watches and vodka/redbull don't mix!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

Dove Dry Cleaners at Tesco is the latest shop to shut, supposedly the whole chain, not just the one shop

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

The Mexican place is open now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

I see there up on Just-Eat now,might give them a try later :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

Is it a sit-in place? The menu prices look a bit steep, 8.50 for a burrito when you'd pay about 6.50 elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

From driving past it looks like there's a small few tables.

was the food nice?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

The food would want to be nice looking at prices.

The recently closed discount shop on Mill Street looks to be reopening as the same again.

The former Flood house on the corner of Main Street and the Straffan Road has a lettings sign for "proposed 100 seater restaurant" on it but there's no planning permission submitted that I can see. Would not be surprised if that proved very hard to get.

Stealthirl wrote: »
    I see there up on Just-Eat now,might give them a try later :cool:

Got a delivery from Frida the other day. Very nice! They slightly messed up the order but were very good about it and refunded some of what we had paid (because an item we ordered didn't arrive). Will definitely try them again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

L1011 wrote: »
    The recently closed discount shop on Mill Street looks to be reopening as the same again.

I heard it was Inkjet world expanding into it- bringing in Arts & Crafts stuff? Could be wrong. Maynooth Office Supplies started doing loads of Arts & Crafts a while back, so it's nice to see more places branching out too.

Advertisement