Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Shop Maynooth

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

L1011 wrote: »
    It is actually only TWO housing estates, to be fair.

While that's true, it just makes it look even more congested and in top of each other. But it started as one.. Now two.. Where will number 3 be? In saying that.. The plan is to move in about 5 years so we could have a very different opinion then

• Registered Users Posts: 68,806 ✭✭✭✭L1011

ChewChew wrote: »
    While that's true, it just makes it look even more congested and in top of each other. But it started as one.. Now two.. Where will number 3 be? In saying that.. The plan is to move in about 5 years so we could have a very different opinion then

Read the Castlepark thread over in A&P and you'll get a decent listing of every proposed site and site with permission.

The next is very likely to be right beside the current works at Tesco as a: there were ground investigation vans there during the week and b: its on a NAMA licence where they have to build the houses or lose the site and deposit on it within a time period.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

ChewChew wrote: »
    We're in Clane at the moment and have discussed moving many times. It won't be for another few years and maynooth would have been our favourite but not now. I drive through today from tesco towards N4 and it's like a construction bomb was dropped so I think celbridge is back on the cards.

Im actually in the opposite direction. living in Celbridge 36 years [current house 30 years] and due to a dependents mobility issue need a bungalow type set up and the only ones around in the price range seam to be out towards Clane.

Preference would be to stay in the Celbridge/Leixlip/Straffan area but dose not look like there will be anything built that ticks the boxes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

Very surprised at that!! I wonder why? Must be for personal reasons, the place is always very busy and the quality of their produce is second to none in the town for a cafe, imo.

Especially strange as they were only recruiting recently!

Hopefully whoever takes it on can keep up the standards! Would hate to see it go downhill.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

I heard about that about two months ago. It's being sold as a going concern so not closing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Was the planning permission granted for houses beside the Educate Together? We'd prefer to buy on that end of the town and not many come up in our price bracket up this way

Was the planning permission granted for houses beside the Educate Together? We'd prefer to buy on that end of the town and not many come up in our price bracket up this way

Not yet. Further Info request (extensive) put in by the council and time extended to March this year for them to submit it. File is 15/263 if you want to watch for updates - http://kildare.ie/Countycouncil/OnlineServices/Onlineplanningenquiries/

The estate down behind Lidl and Griffin Rath has been appealed to ABP. File 15/200

What was Fridas for about a week and Kehoes before that is now "Taj Indian"

Mroz (the Eastern European supermarket) seems to be moving to the units behind Oak Alley from the other side of the main Street

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Not new shop related for those living locally, where did you buy your window blinds from? Was going to try ACME in Celbridge but I always like to hear others experiences first.

I know the owner of Elegant Window Furnishings personally - he does great work. http://www.elegantwindowfurnishings.com/ Based in Maynooth.

Orion wrote: »
    I know the owner of Elegant Window Furnishings personally - he does great work. http://www.elegantwindowfurnishings.com/ Based in Maynooth.

Thanks Orion. Will take a visit tomorrow.

Carrig Flowers is gone.

Carrig Flowers is gone.

Just like his chances of ever getting elected :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Ever get the feeling you're missing something :confused:

Ha! God loves a trier... :D
    Poor fecker :P
    Graham wrote: »
    Ever get the feeling you're missing something :confused:

The guy who owned Carrick Flowers is Shane Fitzgerald, who keeps (unsuccessfully) running in elections and trying to get elected. Recently jumped from The Green Party to Renua in the last election.

Got more than twice the votes for the Greens in 07 as for Renua this time (although a tiny bit more than 2011). How you go from being in a left wing party to being in Renua I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭dib

Anyone know what's going into the unit that used to be KnB? It's says "terms agreed".

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

dib wrote:
    Anyone know what's going into the unit that used to be KnB? It's says "terms agreed".

I had heard one of the beauticians in the town were relocating there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

I heard the same

Got food from the Taj today which is where Kehoes used to be and is connected to Lan Tania

NEVER again. I cook and eat a lot of Indian food and I'm aware a Jalfrezi is meant to be fairly hot (albeit it can be ridiculous mild some places). However, this was off the fecking scale. Couldn't even attempt to finish it. To make it worse they call it "mildly spiced"!!

Got food from the Taj today which is where Kehoes used to be and is connected to Lan Tania

NEVER again. I cook and eat a lot of Indian food and I'm aware a Jalfrezi is meant to be fairly hot (albeit it can be ridiculous mild some places). However, this was off the fecking scale. Couldn't even attempt to finish it. To make it worse they call it "mildly spiced"!!

We nearly ordered from there. Got lan Tania instead. It was ok, nothing spectacular and really cold by the time we got it. Bit too expensive for meh food.

Beauty salon on the square open, and the extension work on the hotel is underway

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

I gave Taj Maynooth a go also, Onion Bhaji was bland/tasteless, not enough chicken in the Madras, and yep, it was expensive. I'm guessing you could get a one way taxi from Maynooth to either Delhi Darbar in Lucan or Celbridge and it would have came to the same amount for the equivalent meal :)
    They have a very impressive draught coming through the front door also!
    I won't be rushing back just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭RobTheLad

Anyone know why Aldi is closed? Drove in earlier, and there is a huge sign at the front doors saying "Due to unforeseen circumstances this store is closed until further notice"

Usually with Aldi that's down to electrical or severe IT issues. I doubt its down to me repeatedly filling in about the staff being horrible compared to Celbridge on Aldi surveys...

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭twinklerunner

RobTheLad wrote: »
    Anyone know why Aldi is closed? Drove in earlier, and there is a huge sign at the front doors saying "Due to unforeseen circumstances this store is closed until further notice"

Flooded yesterday in the heavy rain, or so I read elsewhere.

RobTheLad wrote: »
    Flooding in the rain on Monday.
    Usually with Aldi that's down to electrical or severe IT issues. I doubt its down to me repeatedly filling in about the staff being horrible compared to Celbridge on Aldi surveys...
    I always find them fine in Aldi Maynooth. Never had a problem with the staff at all.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I find the staff there really helpful especially because my shops are huge and I have multiple kids with me.
    Tesco and Dunnes are the 2 I find least helpful.

Advertisement