Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Shop Maynooth

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

Cicero in Manor Mills is currently having a closing down sale. So that'll be three empty units in the centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,806 ✭✭✭✭L1011

They've been having that for months. I see it as real as Tylers/shoezones permanent ones

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

L1011 wrote:
    They've been having that for months. I see it as real as Tylers/shoezones permanent ones

They have a sign in window saying closing 30th June.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Rathkenny

A new dry cleaners has opened beside the post office.

A lot of activity happening earlier in the unit beside Eurosaver earlier too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

SQ2 wrote: »
    A lot of activity happening earlier in the unit beside Eurosaver earlier too

Is that the old Mystique? Any idea what's going in?

Rathkenny wrote: »
    A new dry cleaners has opened beside the post office.
    Again.

The hoardings on Bradys after the crash damage are down and the repair looks seamless - by streetlight at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

L1011 wrote: »
    Again.

The hoardings on Bradys after the crash damage are down and the repair looks seamless - by streetlight at least.

Probably a good move. The word is that the business owners at the old Tesco shopping mall are happy with all the parking there at the moment. Butcher anywway. More passing trade.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Orion wrote: »
    Is that the old Mystique? Any idea what's going in?

I saw them bringing in bags of clothes today so I reckon a ladies clothes shop or a 2nd hand shop.

Two sectors we're so seriously short on currently!

• Advertisement

Charity shop, NCBI. Cicero clearing out this eve also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

Solicitors office going in where Carrick Flowers were on the main street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

Also, there's a Health Shop going in next to Maynooth Cabs behind The Roost where the empty unit was.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭upinthesky

I'd love to see a pennys in where the old tesco was...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

upinthesky wrote: »
    I'd love to see a pennys in where the old tesco was...

Oh god, I'd love that!

yellow hen wrote: »
    Oh god, I'd love that!

wouldn't shopping in maynooth just be perfect then! No need to go to blanch or into town...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

I doubt it'll happen now with the giant penny's going into liffey valley!

wouldn't shopping in maynooth just be perfect then! No need to go to blanch or into town...
    I detest blanch. I'd almost go to dundrum quicker.

Can't wait for penny's in Lucan to open.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Penny's is the dream ;)
    There have been a few people in and out of Xtra Vision too so hopefully something new opens there soon .

yellow hen wrote: »
    I detest blanch. I'd almost go to dundrum quicker.

Can't wait for penny's in blanch to open it.

Pennys is open in blanch?

• Advertisement

Pennys is open in blanch?

Sorry, that was a typo/sleepy moment!

Shopfitters van outside Xtravision. Haven't heard any suggestion of what it will be and its still listed on Daft Commercial. They really stripped it out - most of the light fittings are gone!

We actually have a higher retail vacancy rate than I've seen in a while albeit still no big units bar Old Tesco which I don't see ever getting used again in that format. Former Je'Meills and a new unit across the road on the main street and multiple in Manor Mills; think the shop in Moyglare is empty as are the units at Griffin Rath. Its still tiny by comparison to most other places.

It looks like there's a new cafe opening in the Glenroyal Hotel. It's where the nightclub used to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭boardbeer

...is empty as are the units at Griffin Rath.
    They've had a change of use planning permission granted and are now turned into apartments or a townhouse or something. Pity, a corner shop would've been handy.

Thanks for that. Looking forward to trying it out.

Planning app in for a 'drive through coffee shop' at Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

There's McD's coffee, o'briens, tesco and Costa in the petrol station...

Can't visualize it or where the footfall would come from. Maybe, if near the carpark at post office, you'd get all the day parkers in the AM.

Planning app in for a 'drive through coffee shop' at Tesco.

Oh interesting. I'd use that. Perfect when you've kids in the car and want a hot drink and snack. I've used McDonald's many times just for a cup of tea but it would be good to have more of a cafe-style choice rather than McDonald's fast food.

• Advertisement

I would fail to be surprised if after its started they put in change of use to a KFC, though.

Advertisement