Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Shop Maynooth

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,806 ✭✭✭✭L1011

It was always full of ****. Came with the pretension

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,678 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

L1011 wrote: »

Even the grand opening was full of Coronation Street and other soap opera so called "stars".

I think that's what ruined it.I used to like heading in there after a few pints in Bradys and go listen to the bands in the beer garden.

That's why I like the roost..decent live music but I don't know whats happened for October.Seems like all the decent bands are on Thursdays now!!

Heard a rumour of a furniture store - absolutely no further details - for the old Tesco shell today.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

What's happening beside Boots?

SQ2 wrote: »
    What's happening beside Boots?

Creche is what I heard (in the same rumour mongering)

The planning for Tesco is quite old and before my time of paying attention to them so I don't know what the plans are.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

If it is the Gleesons (Mercantile), they mostly run pretentious holes but can do other stuff. If they try a pretentious hole again, it'll close again. Town may be expensive, foody etc but its not D2.

Got confirmation today that it is the Gleesons.

As opposed to the Roost which is staffed by ****.

Connected to the glenroyal hotel work is a new path and some hard landscaping inside the wall up the bridge. Very nicely done

It is - looks very well. Part of the overall road development. The path is going on the road side to widen and accommodate a cycle lane on both sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

Orion wrote: »
    As opposed to the Roost which is staffed by ****.

Thats a wild remark. What have you got against every single member of staff?

• Advertisement

It is - looks very well. Part of the overall road development. The path is going on the road side to widen and accommodate a cycle lane on both sides.

That isn't in the Part 8 plans; the wall was to be moved on the other side and the path built up there. Although as we know, KCC Roads do what they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Market is there if you do it right. Cut the pretension, cut the sodding prices, get rid of the in your face toilet attendants and power tripping security, etc, etc.

If it is the Gleesons (Mercantile), they mostly run pretentious holes but can do other stuff. If they try a pretentious hole again, it'll close again. Town may be expensive, foody etc but its not D2.

Maynooth needs a slightly better copy of the LA back ,

3 euro admission and dirt cheap drink during the week for 'de shtudents' and a completely non pretentious , not over the top pub thats free in with a reasonably priced nightclub that doesn't focus on absolute wankery for the weekend.

Maynooth needs a slightly better copy of the LA back ,

3 euro admission and dirt cheap drink during the week for 'de shtudents' and a completely non pretentious , not over the top pub thats free in with a reasonably priced nightclub that doesn't focus on absolute wankery for the weekend.

Downstairs in the LA was... special. Although that's gone long enough that it couldn't re-form as was easily anyway.

They will have to do some construction eventually as the setup as-built is not suitable for anything other than a doomed to fail pretentious "venue".

Esso undergoing it's topaz refit. It'll be rebranded again to Circle K within a year but the licence on the Esso name is expiring. Looks to be a full strip out and refit on the shop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

I saw a planning notice next to the new path at the entrance to Supervalu looking for planning permission to add to the supermarket with a 2 story extension.

That's been in for a while now - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=101170612&postcount=1052 Decision due in 14 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

http://ie.indeed.com/m/viewjob?jk=208ade78ebdadcf1&from=serp

This ad is from the guy who told me he was opening a Thai restaurant at Xtravision

This ad is from the guy who told me he was opening a Thai restaurant at Xtravision

You sure that's not the new thai above Mcmahons? Can't remember the name off hand but saw it yesterday and it was a funky name like the one in the ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

You sure that's not the new thai above Mcmahons? Can't remember the name off hand but saw it yesterday and it was a funky name like the one in the ad.

Yep that one is Red Torch Ginger and their other restaurant is in Dublin City centre

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I can not wait to try it, I have heard the one in Dulbin is amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Saw a kitchen outfitters working in xtra vision last friday so looks like something is going in alright.

No planning permission I can find...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

Was in Red Torch Ginger above McMahons last weekend, I don't have a lot of experience of Thai restaurants but I was really impressed, the food was fab. Still a bit of work to do RE the wait staff working out a system - one waitress coming over after another to see if we had ordered etc, but they'll iron that out I'm sure. Their cocktails were really good too, will definitely be back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,624 ✭✭✭TheBody

I see Subway has opened up in the John Hume building on the North Campus of college.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

TheBody wrote:
    I see Subway has opened up in the John Hume building on the North Campus of college.

Don't suppose it's open at the weekend?

TheBody wrote:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,624 ✭✭✭TheBody

Redsoxfan wrote: »

I doubt it. There just aren't enough students around to justify it opening at the weekend.

I could be wrong though!

TheBody wrote:
    I doubt it. There just aren't enough students around to justify it opening at the weekend.

I will see they are kept going...

TheBody wrote:

I will see they are kept going...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭IrishAlice

Saw some work being carried out in Cathedral over the weekend. They were changing all of the awnings on the outside of the building.

Can't remember the name on them but looks like it's going to be opening up again.

Advertisement