Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Shop Maynooth

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,806 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Planning notice in place for the Thai restaurant at Xtravision (well, *a* restaurant anyway). No mention of takeaway - many previous attempts have failed due to that.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

it has been up a while.
    I actually like the idea of a restaurant there but I am not sure how I feel about even more traffic .

I'd prefer a dive bar there instead but I a: don't think the residents association wouldn't want to object and b: my liver would want to object too :pac:

The application doesn't seem to be actually submitted yet - proof of the sign is required etc so there's always a delay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Solicitor​ David Powderly is opening an office where the flower shop was beside Haven Hire.

There'll be a nice bunch of free legal aiders in and out of there during the day so. Nice one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭redarmy

There'll be a nice bunch of free legal aiders in and out of there during the day so. Nice one.
    :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭granturismo

Anyone know whats happening with Twist. I went to get lunch twice over the last week and it was closed. I couldnt see any relevant posts on their facebook page.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

Twist catering business still fully operational. There was talk of the cafe being sold a few months back. Unsure of details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

I heard they're opening some sort of wine or cocktail bar at twist.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Flibble

Not sure if it's been mentioned here yet or not but i read somewhere that the house between Manor Cabs & Brady's is to be *another* restaurant.

We're not going to have anything but eateries & pubs in Maynooth soon!!

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

ixus wrote:
    Twist catering business still fully operational. There was talk of the cafe being sold a few months back. Unsure of details.

Anyone know whats happening with Twist. I went to get lunch twice over the last week and it was closed. I couldnt see any relevant posts on their facebook page.

I believe Bistro 53 have bought it over

• Advertisement

Flibble wrote: »
    Not sure if it's been mentioned here yet or not but i read somewhere that the house between Manor Cabs & Brady's is to be *another* restaurant.

Food for thought isn't it.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭fmc3105

I heard that too from another Maynooth restaurant owner about Twist being bought by Bistro 53.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

A cafe not a restaurant.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Flibble

Orion wrote: »
    A cafe not a restaurant.

Po-tay-to, po-tah-to :pac:

Maynooth Photo Centre is closing down unfortunately at the end of the month I think, there's a sign up outside.

Maynooth Photo Centre is closing down unfortunately at the end of the month I think, there's a sign up outside.

Can't picture that place closing down. Been there years.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

I've only had one dealing with that place and was less than impressed. Seemed like they didn't want the framing work which I went in with. Ended up back in Gallery 23 where I'd been previously and they they did the job professionally although admittedly it was pricey.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,624 ✭✭✭TheBody

yellow hen wrote: »
    I've only had one dealing with that place and was less than impressed. Seemed like they didn't want the framing work which I went in with. Ended up back in Gallery 23 where I'd been previously and they they did the job professionally although admittedly it was pricey.

I had a bad experience there too. Never went back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

TheBody wrote: »

One person there had a terrible interpersonal manner although I suspect that it's not intended and they don't realise how curt they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Rathkenny

TheBody wrote: »

Me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Lastblackdog

Rathkenny wrote: »
    Me too.

And me. The attitude of the woman I spoke to put me off dealing with them. Just very curt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Lepidoptera

I went there a couple of times in the past few years - to get some passport/official photographs a few times and to get some canvass pictures stretched and framed. They were nice and also gave me good advice about the framing, so I'm sorry to see them go.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭ElKavo

I went in once, lady wasn't very nice. Didnt go back. Still have to get the picture framed!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Jay Jay the "charity" shop is gone too.
    I love charity shops but I always found that shop odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

There's planning permission in for the old Tesco store - 17/237
    Lodged by a company called CDS (Superstores International), they seem to operate therange.co.uk group of stores. There's one in Limerick and one in Cork.

Doesn't show up if you search for "Maynooth" in the address even though its there. Very odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭NinetyForNone

L1011 wrote: »
    Doesn't show up if you search for "Maynooth" in the address even though its there. Very odd.

Maynooth is left out of the address.

CDS (Superstores International) Limited,the former Tesco Store, Carton Retail Park, Dublin Road

Maynooth is left out of the address.

CDS (Superstores International) Limited,the former Tesco Store, Carton Retail Park, Dublin Road

Displays all that with "Maynooth, Co. Kildare" as the last line for me. I would take a guess that there's a string length problem here - the online system is antiquated (~15 years old).

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭NinetyForNone

L1011 wrote: »
    Displays all that with "Maynooth, Co. Kildare" as the last line for me. I would take a guess that there's a string length problem here - the online system is antiquated (~15 years old).
    In search results?

no0maynoth.png

In search results?

no0maynoth.png

Open the actual file, address shows in full there.

• Advertisement

I love their shop in Limerick :)

Advertisement