Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Shop Maynooth

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

Ah the excitement! Their website and shop is amazing! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Flibble

I believe the Uniform Warehouse is moving into the spot that's being vacated by Maynooth Photo Centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

Bistro planning:

a new 3 storey building with a new ground floor restaurant and associated accommodation, a 3 bedroom apartment on the first and second floors, and all associated site works. The development will face onto Pound Lane, there is no work proposed to the existing Bistro 53 restaurant facing onto Main Street,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

Are you sure the range is going in maynooth? Just read that they are advertising for jobs in liffey valley. Bit odd for them to have 2 shops so close together given they've so few in the country just yet

• Registered Users Posts: 68,806 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I've been in the former LA/Mantra/Cathedral a few times on various nights of the week now - if they haven't managed to cut their operating costs to a fraction of the former venues they're doomed - and there's little to suggest they have, unless the rent is tiny. Spent a decent amount on the refurb even though the toilets are still medieval; food still hasn't started yet either.

About 14 people there earlier - 10 in the front bar, 4 in the main bar. Smoking area heated like a sauna, all TVs on all running up costs that that level of custom won't cover.

Only time I've seen it busy was the Haye fight and that was not cheap to show. Saturday nights they have a band which also isn't cheap, and again its not that busy - smoking area where the band is you can easily get seats still; everywhere else is empty.

• Advertisement

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/food-and-drink/is-this-chocolate-cafe-the-best-in-ireland-1.3036351?mode=amp

Is this chocolate cafe the best in Ireland?
    The people behind L’Art Du Chocolate, Main Street, Maynooth, Co Kildare want to educate you about good chocolate

ixus wrote: »
    https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/food-and-drink/is-this-chocolate-cafe-the-best-in-ireland-1.3036351?mode=amp

Is this chocolate cafe the best in Ireland?
    The people behind L’Art Du Chocolate, Main Street, Maynooth, Co Kildare want to educate you about good chocolate

I genuinely cannot understand the fuss about that place. I was looking forward to it before it opened but I have been disappointed almost every time I've been. Especially with their hot chocolate.

Flibble wrote: »
    I genuinely cannot understand the fuss about that place. I was looking forward to it before it opened but I have been disappointed almost every time I've been. Especially with their hot chocolate.

Where's your fav pizza in the town?

Where's your fav pizza in the town?

Rustic in Leixlip... Or if I'm going local local, Donatello's. Why?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Should have put this up here earlier.

Maynooth no name club is starting tomorrow evening from 7.30 pm. Tomorrow is registration evening.Scouts den Geraldine hall.
    All 15 - 18 year olds welcome.

• Advertisement

Work has started at the restuarant at Greenfield.

Unless the planning file has magically not been published at all, or mapped, or put on the weekly lists, this does NOT have permission yet. Permission has been refused for a Chinese restaurant here so a Thai won't be much different!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Rustic in Leixlip... Or if I'm going local local, Donatello's. Why?

Do rustic deliver to Maynooth?

Loved rebel pizza for a takeaway to be honest but since apache took it over it's gone downhill rapid.

Do rustic deliver to Maynooth?

They do indeed. Or at least, they did the last time i ordered.

Most of the pizza in Maynooth is muck :(

They do indeed. Or at least, they did the last time i ordered.

Most of the pizza in Maynooth is muck :(

Was questioning your taste buds. Donatellos in Maynooth was the only answer imho. The rest is muck as you say.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Was questioning your taste buds. Donatellos in Maynooth was the only answer imho. The rest is muck as you say.

Papajohns is the best after that. Seriously.

lordgoat wrote: »

Never tried it. Maybe some day.

I would have agreed with you a few years ago, but they've changed their recipe i think, it's too processed now. Sauce is too sugary, cheese is the same as everywhere else & dough tastes like it was frozen.

Was questioning your taste buds.

Nothing wrong with my taste buds, i just find the chocolate very meh there. I like to try local artisan chocolate whenever i find it & there's is just meh.

I do like their mochas, but their hot chocolate is ridiculously boring. Barely any chocolate in it at all, my takeaway cup of it never darkened beyond beige in colour, was basically all milk.

For some odd reason I have never considered Donatellos for a takeaway; and its only been here most of my life. Must actually do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Pizzadog is good.

• Advertisement

L1011 wrote: »
    For some odd reason I have never considered Donatellos for a takeaway; and its only been here most of my life. Must actually do so.

I don't think they deliver? Collection only. When I have been dining there people seem to be waiting and eternity to collect food.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

Gatehouse for pizza. Delish.

I don't think they deliver? Collection only. When I have been dining there people seem to be waiting and eternity to collect food.

You just have to time it right. Before 7 it's quick enough, after time may vary. Fresher the better obviously. I ring, arrive and if not ready, they make it. Who doesn't want a fresh pizza? A portion of Sautee potatoes to add.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭NetworkOrange

Pizza Dog would be good if they were not stingy with the toppings. On a make your own pizza, you only get to choose 3 toppings and they put very little of those toppings on the actual pizza.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Hercule

the sides in pizzadog taste kind of funky to me - have given the cheese fries and onion rings a go and felt they were very bland/synthetic tasting, like they weren't fully cooked

• Registered Users Posts: 5,624 ✭✭✭TheBody

I wasn't crazy about Pizza Dog either. Food tasted like poor quality.

You just have to time it right. Before 7 it's quick enough, after time may vary. Fresher the better obviously. I ring, arrive and if not ready, they make it. Who doesn't want a fresh pizza? A portion of Sautee potatoes to add.

I totally agree about the frehs pizza and saute spuds.

It's missus smelly sock and smelly sock juniors that don't like waiting.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

I would have agreed with you a few years ago, but they've changed their recipe i think, it's too processed now. Sauce is too sugary, cheese is the same as everywhere else & dough tastes like it was frozen.

Haven't had one in ages, i may get one tonight... for research purposes of course.

Haven't had one in ages, i may get one tonight... for research purposes of course.

Looked at papa John's last night.

Large pepperoni 2 chip and a burger
    33 euro. Fook that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

TheBody wrote: »
    I wasn't crazy about Pizza Dog either. Food tasted like poor quality.

I have to agree. The pizza was not good at all.

Advertisement