Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Shop Maynooth

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Looked at papa John's last night.

Large pepperoni 2 chip and a burger
    33 euro. Fook that.

That's crazy alright I used to get a deal for a large pizza two drinks and 2 chips for 20e (i think) but this was last year so prices may have gone up.
    Moonbeam wrote: »
    I have to agree. The pizza was not good at all.

Agree. Garbage pizza imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Rathkenny

Does anyone know what is going into the premises beside Manor Cabs? It has been under renovation for the last few weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Flibble wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with my taste buds, i just find the chocolate very meh there. I like to try local artisan chocolate whenever i find it & there's is just meh.

I do like their mochas, but their hot chocolate is ridiculously boring. Barely any chocolate in it at all, my takeaway cup of it never darkened beyond beige in colour, was basically all milk.

I'd have to disagree massively. I've had the hot chocolate there twice and both times I've left feeling like the kid who ate too many chocolate eggs on Easter morning and actually wished they'd put less ganache into mine. The orange hot chocolate eggs s glorious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

Rathkenny wrote: »
    Does anyone know what is going into the premises beside Manor Cabs? It has been under renovation for the last few weeks.

Another restaurant i think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

ixus wrote: »
    Another restaurant i think.

Yes. A small restaurant or cafe. From the looks of the inside it looks like it'll fit about 5 tables tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 washburn73

A new cafe - less of a restaurant and more of a casual eatery (sandwiches, wraps, paninis, etc.). Good to see plenty of confidence about the town and I hope the new business does well, whoever they are.

But I think that Maynooth could do so much more with what it's got. When you think about the development levies that are received for the vast numbers of new houses in the town, plus the university and other businesses, it's obvious that Maynooth is contributing a lot more to the CoCo exchequer than what it's actually getting back in return. It needs investment in public areas, street cleaning, road developments & signage, etc. It is being taken for granted....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

washburn73 wrote: »
    A new cafe - less of a restaurant and more of a casual eatery (sandwiches, wraps, paninis, etc.). Good to see plenty of confidence about the town and I hope the new business does well, whoever they are.

But I think that Maynooth could do so much more with what it's got. When you think about the development levies that are received for the vast numbers of new houses in the town, plus the university and other businesses, it's obvious that Maynooth is contributing a lot more to the CoCo exchequer than what it's actually getting back in return. It needs investment in public areas, street cleaning, road developments & signage, etc. It is being taken for granted....

Check out how much the council gives Maynooth for Christmas lights, and then have a look at how much Leixlip and Celbridge get.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

washburn73 wrote:

Staplor wrote:
    Check out how much the council gives Maynooth for Christmas lights, and then have a look at how much Leixlip and Celbridge get.

How much is it?

SQ2 wrote: »
    How much is it?

€0.00

Staplor wrote: »
    €0.00

Correct. Local businesses fund it and then the council what to hit them for more rates in return.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

and how much do Leixlip and Celbridge get?

and how much do Leixlip and Celbridge get?

More than €0.00.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭shanec1928

washburn73 wrote: »

and more poorly sequenced traffic lights:pac:

not to mention poor traffic planning in general but sure what do we mere mortals know - we only live here.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Rathkenny

I see that Lan Tania is now on the Main Street with their sister Indian restaurant. Has the one in the Glenroyal closed down?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

I'm guessing their contract ran out and cheaper operational costs for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Newtown Inn restaurant area is being refurbished again I believe.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Newtown Inn restaurant area is being refurbished again I believe.

They're doing a big job on the bar too. Taking out the bar in the shape of a horse shoe and putting it back to back with the other bar. Will free up alot of wasted space for tables and chairs.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

hubby was there last night and said that there is a massive refurbishment going on and will take about 6 weeks.
    I didn't hear anything about the restaurant but the current chinese that is there is good and the staff are extremely friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,806 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Newtown Inn lounge is so rarely used that the furniture from when it opened (2003? ish anyway) still looked in decent nick!

• Advertisement

I see that Lan Tania is now on the Main Street with their sister Indian restaurant. Has the one in the Glenroyal closed down?

Think where it was is part of the refurb that's going on. Above Shoda has stickers on windows so I think they're converting to function rooms up there.

Was in the Newton lounge the other morning. Some size with all the stuff taken out. That 30ft ceiling will be no more, I think the plan is to hang another one, at maybe 15ft. So the cellar man said.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Whats the name of the chinese in newtown? Trying to find a menu online

• Registered Users Posts: 6,697 ✭✭✭brian_t

Flibble wrote: »
    I believe the Uniform Warehouse is moving into the spot that's being vacated by Maynooth Photo Centre.

There is no sign up but the shop appears to be fully stocked.

yellow hen wrote: »
    Whats the name of the chinese in newtown? Trying to find a menu online

Did ya get it yet? I'll be there in the morning if it's any used to you.

Restaurant is called Golden Palace.

Beams are in. They're at about 15 feet. That'll make the lounge nice and cozy. Big window gone too. Blocked it up and window cill put in. They'll have a window the same size as the one at the front.

beertons wrote: »
    Restaurant is called Golden Palace.

Beams are in. They're at about 15 feet. That'll make the lounge nice and cozy. Big window gone too. Blocked it up and window cill put in. They'll have a window the same size as the one at the front.

Thanks. No I hadn't got it and didn't get the take away as a result. Funny they don't have a menu online nor do we ever get one in the door. How do they stay in business?

Thanks. No I hadn't got it and didn't get the take away as a result. Funny they don't have a menu online nor do we ever get one in the door. How do they stay in business?

That's gas. Maybe the menu delivery people skip your gaff! The take away business there is booming according to the pub staff. Don't have the percentage of walk in customers to take away.

beertons wrote: »
    That's gas. Maybe the menu delivery people skip your gaff! The take away business there is booming according to the pub staff. Don't have the percentage of walk in customers to take away.

Mmmm. We get inundated with menus for maximus and papa johns. Must go over and get a menu and lodge an exclusion complaint!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Word of mouth is how they stay in business ;) That and (in my opinion) being he best chinese in Maynooth.

Advertisement