Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Shop Maynooth

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,806 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The new Thai has branding up etc but still hasn't even applied for planning permission!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

They have applied but I have not seen approval.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭fmc3105

He applied on the 26th April but it's "Application Status" is "Incompleted Application.

Applied twice, not a valid application twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭boardbeer

Looks fun, seems to be these guys: http://kinkhaothai.ie, good reviews on TripAdvisor

kinhao_zps3l5rnse7.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

boardbeer wrote: »
    Looks fun, seems to be these guys: http://kinkhaothai.ie, good reviews on TripAdvisor

kinhao_zps3l5rnse7.png

I was in that place in Athlone before, really good, this is exciting!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

That looks great:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Looks like Maxol might have been held up again - was walking past around 7.15 and shutters were down with alarm going off :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

Again? When was the last time?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

About 2/3 months ago it was held up by someone with a knife, a staff member got injured

• Advertisement

Oh No:(( I didn't notice anything.
    I hope the poos staff are ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Technically not the right forum but everyone here seems to know maynooth well. Could anyone recommend a tiler in the area? Its not a big job so may not suit someone who is very in demand. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Don't know any tilers myself but if you ask in the hardware store in the Glenroyal the lads there will be able to recommend someone.

Orion wrote: »
    Don't know any tilers myself but if you ask in the hardware store in the Glenroyal the lads there will be able to recommend someone.

Good idea, thanks

Has anyone any experience of using Coleman K M & Co Accountants in Railpark? I need an accountant for a smallish job. Happy to hear any other recommendations if anyone knows anyone.

<ps. I'm conscious I'm constantly taking this thread off-topic as most people contributing here are very familiar with the area. The thread hasn't really been about new shops in a while. Is the thread name due a change to just Maynooth shops/services?>

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

https://www.gumtree.ie/a-bar-restaurant-hotel/dublin/costa-coffee-recruitment-open-day+-staff-of-all-levels-required/1001996412690911162548009
    Maynooth is getting a Costa Coffee according to a jobs advert for new Costa branches opening.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Flibble

Ah nooo! We've done pretty well to have escaped the attention of chain places to date... Fingers crossed this doesn't pique the interest of Starbucks.

Oh wait... Isn't there a sort of Starbucks in the college library?

Ffs. Nvrmind.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

I'm just amazed it's taken this long. Even more surprised that Kilcock got one before Maynooth.

Hopefully it is in the college too.

There's planning permission applied for (by the centre owners) to convert one of the empty units in Manor Mills to a cafe. 2+2 here suggests that's Costa.

• Advertisement

Is the Beauty Boutique gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Flibble wrote: »
    Is the Beauty Boutique gone?

Yes, seemingly closed down suddenly with no warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,031 ✭✭✭Patser

See there's a new drive thru at the Church....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

L1011 wrote: »
    There's planning permission applied for (by the centre owners) to convert one of the empty units in Manor Mills to a cafe. 2+2 here suggests that's Costa.
    presume O'Briens and The Bagel Factory will kick up a fuss about that?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

L1011 wrote: »

If I were Costa I'd be looking for a location that actually had potential customers.

andreac wrote: »
    Yes, seemingly closed down suddenly with no warning.

Very strange, they were only hiring recently. I hope everything is ok :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Patser wrote: »
    See there's a new drive thru at the Church....
    just saw some photos of this.
    for those who don't know, a Lexus jeep plowed right into the wall of the church opposite the lights, made a right mess of it. nice big hole and the jeep is a complete write-off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

You don't do that damage in the early hours of the morning doing 15kmph at a sharp turn.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,031 ✭✭✭Patser

ixus wrote: »
    You don't do that damage in the early hours of the morning doing 15kmph at a sharp turn.

3 in custody after car stolen and used in burglary.

http://www.leinsterleader.ie/news/home/261685/three-in-custody-following-maynooth-church-smash.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭eve

The newly refurbished house between Bradys and Manor Cabs now has a sign in the window for 'Willow and Wild' https://www.willowandwild.ie/

Also a Facebook page for it showing some of the progress https://www.facebook.com/willowandwild/

Advertisement