Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Shop Maynooth

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

same, I like salt on my chips and that is it.
    The lasagne from Beetroot is gorgeous,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

There's planning permission in for changing unit 4 in Manor Mills into a cafe/restaurant. (17837)
    And the GAA club are looking for PP for for a Play School. (17902)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,220 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

There's planning permission in for changing unit 4 in Manor Mills into a cafe/restaurant. (17837)
    And the GAA club are looking for PP for for a Play School. (17902)

which ones unit 4?

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

Costa going into the old Cicero unit

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Rathkenny

Does anyone know if the Village Shop in Moyglare Village will be reopening? I think there had been a planning application in relation to it a good while ago but I don't remember hearing anything since. I'm sure it would do good business once the new secondary schools are finished (whenever that may be!).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Rathkenny wrote: »
    once the new secondary schools are finished (whenever that may be!).

May 2019 the build is supposed to be finished. With a view to moving to them for start of the 2019/20 school year.

Grayson wrote: »
    which ones unit 4?

Don't know - the planning permission doesn't say. This one I guess:
    SQ2 wrote: »
    Costa going into the old Cicero unit

Rathkenny wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the Village Shop in Moyglare Village will be reopening? I think there had been a planning application in relation to it a good while ago but I don't remember hearing anything since. I'm sure it would do good business once the new secondary schools are finished (whenever that may be!).

Permission was granted but has been appealed by their next door neighbours - objecting to hot food, and alcohol sales.

There was also pp lodged for a shop in Moyglare Hall, not sure what the status of that is. I think it was granted.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,806 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Planning grant for the shop bans frying food on-site. The appellant wants to ban cooking any food on site for odour reasons. Not sure what odours are produced once there's no frying involved; at best you're looking at toasted sandwiches and possibly grilled breakfast roll material.

ABP seem to be getting exceptionally slow, the appeal was lodged in May!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭granturismo

L1011 wrote: »
    Planning grant for the shop bans frying food on-site. The appellant wants to ban cooking any food on site for odour reasons. Not sure what odours are produced once there's no frying involved; at best you're looking at toasted sandwiches and possibly grilled breakfast roll material.

ABP seem to be getting exceptionally slow, the appeal was lodged in May!

Grills and the fan ovens that some places use, need decent extractor fans. I wouldnt like to be living next door to the smell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

ixus wrote: »

Is there really a market for another one of these stores when they only opened up one a few miles away?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

yellow hen wrote: »
    Is there really a market for another one of these stores when they only opened up one a few miles away?

Oh yes :) it is an amazing shop

Another planning application from the restaurant to be in Greenfield Shopping Centre

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Oh yes :) it is an amazing shop

Mmm, I like it in the same way that I liked Ikea when it finally opened here but I think people will tire of it and two in such close proximity (considering there's only 1 other one in the country) seems a bit mad? Regardless, I'm delighted to see something going into that unit

• Registered Users Posts: 5,624 ✭✭✭TheBody

Mmm, I like it in the same way that I liked Ikea when it finally opened here but I think people will tire of it and two in such close proximity (considering there's only 1 other one in the country) seems a bit mad? Regardless, I'm delighted to see something going into that unit

Where is the other one?

The old Atlantic in Liffey Valley.

It looks as if the prebuilt unit may be th most important factor for them

The one in Limerick has been there a while now and it does such a range of stuff,that i think it will be fine.

There is 1 up North and 3 in the south.

I hope it is open before christmas.

It looks like Name It are opening in Manor Mills.
    https://www.facebook.com/manormills/posts/1848843641811169

oooh their kids clothes are gorgeous.

• Advertisement

Moonbeam wrote: »
    oooh their kids clothes are gorgeous.

It could be dangerous! They tend to have good sales though!

Cairns fast tracking planning application through ABP under new govt initiative for huge development that stretches from Moyglare Rd to Castlepark. Over 400 units. Decision due end of Nov.

http://kfmradio.com/news/22092017-0817/application-development-maynooth-lodged-bord-pleanala

Cairn Homes Properties Ltd is noted as the prospective applicant in the Strategic Housing Development Consultation in respect of a 403 home development on Moyglare Road and Dunboyne Road,

332 houses, 71 apartments and 164 student units, retail, café, créche and gym facilities and all associated site works. are part of the proposal.

Since July, planning applications for housing developments of more than 100 home and 200 student bed spaces can be made directly to An Bord Pleanála

An Bord Pleanala is scheduled to issue a decision on November 24th.

TC0024: Moyglare Road and Dunboyne Road, Maynooth, Co Kildare.

Case Type: SHD - Consultation
    Description: 403 no. residential units (332 no. houses, 71 no. apartments) and 164 no. student units (476 no. bedspaces), retail, café, créche and gym facilities and all associated site works. Maria Villa,
    Planning Authority: Kildare County Council,
    Category: Strategic Housing Dev
    Date lodged: 14/09/2017
    EIS: No

• Registered Users Posts: 8,031 ✭✭✭Patser

How can I get details on this, as it'll back onto my house. Googling away to no success

I was looking at An Bord Pleanala site. The only reference is through that code TC024 or whatever it is above. It says it is only a consultation and not actual application. Not sure how quick it all works. Local councillor best option though they may surprised by this too.

It's opposite the post primary school.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

yeah, it's the land behind Kairos and over to beside the fish farm on the Dunboyne Rd.
    there's supposed to be a road through it linking the Dunboyne and Moyglare roads.

Trying to find the file there, not that there'll be much in it - and its not the only one for Maynooth! Let me resurrect the housing dev thread...

I have a friend who works for an engineering firm that's will be doing some work there. That's how I knew where it was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

ixus wrote: »
    Cairns fast tracking planning application through ABP under new govt initiative for huge development that stretches from Moyglare Rd to Castlepark. Over 400 units. Decision due end of Nov.

http://kfmradio.com/news/22092017-0817/application-development-maynooth-lodged-bord-pleanala

Cairn Homes Properties Ltd is noted as the prospective applicant in the Strategic Housing Development Consultation in respect of a 403 home development on Moyglare Road and Dunboyne Road,

332 houses, 71 apartments and 164 student units, retail, café, créche and gym facilities and all associated site works. are part of the proposal.

Since July, planning applications for housing developments of more than 100 home and 200 student bed spaces can be made directly to An Bord Pleanála

An Bord Pleanala is scheduled to issue a decision on November 24th.

TC0024: Moyglare Road and Dunboyne Road, Maynooth, Co Kildare.

Case Type: SHD - Consultation
    Description: 403 no. residential units (332 no. houses, 71 no. apartments) and 164 no. student units (476 no. bedspaces), retail, café, créche and gym facilities and all associated site works. Maria Villa,
    Planning Authority: Kildare County Council,
    Category: Strategic Housing Dev
    Date lodged: 14/09/2017
    EIS: No

An absolute disaster for a town already choked with traffic.

Someone really needs to put a stop to this crazy planning strategy.

• Advertisement

An absolute disaster for a town already choked with traffic.

Someone really needs to put a stop to this crazy planning strategy.

I would imagine that they will be required to put dev levies towards, and be prevented from allowing occupation of any properties until substantial parts of the eastern section of the ring road are completed

The Meath section has planning since November and is is meant to be built with the Moygaddy Park business park.

The Dublin Road to Celbridge Road section has got the bulk of its funding from the State now and the council will fund the rest from dev levies.

Celbridge Road to Straffan Road is about 60% built and the rest will go in a new estate there.

Advertisement