Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Shop Maynooth

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

L1011 wrote: »
    I would imagine that they will be required to put dev levies towards, and be prevented from allowing occupation of any properties until substantial parts of the eastern section of the ring road are completed

Same idea as how Hayfield couldn't be occupied without traffic lights being installed???

Nice idea, won't be implemented.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,807 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Staplor wrote: »
    Same idea as how Hayfield couldn't be occupied without traffic lights being installed???

Nice idea, won't be implemented.

That wasn't a condition there; the condition was the developer had to erect them. No requirement for it to be first.

That wasn't a condition there; the condition was the developer had to erect them. No requirement for it to be first.

I thought it was. Anyway, still haven't seen the developer's erection

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

I thought it was. Anyway, still haven't seen the developer's erection

That comes when he counts all his money.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

ixus wrote: »

BOOM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,220 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

ixus wrote: »

Is that a double double entendre?

Tanseys seems to have shut down

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Not new news but everyone here seems to know maynooth quite well. Can anyone recommend an alterations place (other than the zip yard)? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Tanseys seems to have shut down

Yep. 30th Sept when his lease was up. Cleared out on Tuesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

yellow hen wrote: »
    Not new news but everyone here seems to know maynooth quite well. Can anyone recommend an alterations place (other than the zip yard)? Thanks

Lila's alterations. Lila 0868740131

• Advertisement

Orion wrote: »
    Yep. 30th Sept when his lease was up. Cleared out on Tuesday.

Could see a freeholder expecting bigger rent with the huge growth of the town as a food destination. I remember when we had the LA, Patrick's and the River Cafe and little else!

Actually there was a cafe in the old SC that's now the row of shops in the Tesco car park around then also

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Maynooth has high rates for shops owners/eases so that could be the reason either.

Rates are the same across the entire county; Maynooth never had the ability to set a supplementary rate when Leixlip had one in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,220 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Could see a freeholder expecting bigger rent with the huge growth of the town as a food destination. I remember when we had the LA, Patrick's and the River Cafe and little else!

Actually there was a cafe in the old SC that's now the row of shops in the Tesco car park around then also

And the country kitchen under the mill off license

Grayson wrote: »
    And the country kitchen under the mill off license

Forgot that, was half shop half cafe.

Today during research for something else, I found a mid 1990s Irish Times property special about Maynooth that mentioned the Elite (there for even longer but mostly cakes always), Pickwicks (badly missed to this day by me - nowhere has reached their Full Irish quality) and the Rye as the only three cafes in the town. However, as the Glenroyal had opened by the time it was written I suspect the cafe there was open (think it was the Royal, its now Ericas).

I have a question, yesterday we went for lunch with the kids in chill. The queues to pay for crazy and when I got to the counter the young guy working there told me that the card machine uses the same wifi as the customers so when the restaurant in busy, the card machine doesn't work well. I thought a card machine had to have a secure line and couldn't/shouldn't utilise a public internet connection? Am I wrong?

Sorry what I actually came here to ask is if anyone with small kids knows if there's soccer/games for kids under 5 at the weekend? Little lad is too small for gaa but last weekend, we saw lots of kids on the main street in togs and jerseys. Was in car so couldn't ask the parents what they attend.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭never_mind

I have a question, yesterday we went for lunch with the kids in chill. The queues to pay for crazy and when I got to the counter the young guy working there told me that the card machine uses the same wifi as the customers so when the restaurant in busy, the card machine doesn't work well. I thought a card machine had to have a secure line and couldn't/shouldn't utilise a public internet connection? Am I wrong?

Bad excuse. It was a nightmare trying to pay.

Card readers use the normal internet, using an encrypted point to point connection over it.

never_mind wrote: »
    Bad excuse. It was a nightmare trying to pay.

It is the most inconsistent place I've ever eaten. Seems to suffer from really bad management

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Sorry what I actually came here to ask is if anyone with small kids knows if there's soccer/games for kids under 5 at the weekend? Little lad is too small for gaa but last weekend, we saw lots of kids on the main street in togs and jerseys. Was in car so couldn't ask the parents what they attend.

Eoghain is brilliant with the kids-
    http://shootingstarssoccerschool.com/
    my 4 year old looks forward to going every week.

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Eoghain is brilliant with the kids-
    http://shootingstarssoccerschool.com/
    my 4 year old looks forward to going every week.

If he's in school he can start GAA

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

I'd really like a Flyfit or Ben Dunne's gym in Maynooth

Coynes having an extensive refit I noticed at the weekend.

Coynes is ruined. Everything prepacked, have to buy the sizes they've specified. Butcher (not one of the regulars) saying its the "new concept" when its just what you get in every supermarket

Gerry Mulcahy will be getting my business in future.

Coynes is ruined. Everything prepacked, have to buy the sizes they've specified. Butcher (not one of the regulars) saying its the "new concept" when its just what you get in every supermarket

Gerry Mulcahy will be getting my business in future.

Mulcahy has been miles ahead of Coynes for years

Mulcahy has been miles ahead of Coynes for years

He's also significantly closer to me - preferred Coynes mince grain size though and I buy my veg in Mastersons so it was handy

Coynes are going to put off a lot of the older customers; doubt it'll be as busy on pension day for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

It is the most inconsistent place I've ever eaten. Seems to suffer from really bad management

Totally agree, esp with regard to portion size etc - you can be served a two completely different variations of the same dish on different days, as if it depends what chef is on that day. Used to love their "Big Bowl of Wings" but the last time I got what you'd describe as a small cereal bowl full, about a third of the usual portion size. Havent been back since cos I can't be bothered gambling with how good my meal will be, prefer to go somewhere that's reliably good.

Just wondering if anyone has any experience of a child starting in the educate together. Its still single stream and my son is no.75 on the list for starting next sept. I would have thought he has no hope of getting a place but someone just said that the fall off close to the date can be huge. Can it really be that big though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,031 ✭✭✭Patser

Just wondering if anyone has any experience of a child starting in the educate together. Its still single stream and my son is no.75 on the list for starting next sept. I would have thought he has no hope of getting a place but someone just said that the fall off close to the date can be huge. Can it really be that big though?

My daughter was high 50s on the list for the Gaelscoil, after the initial letters were issued, and still got in. There are a fair few options in Maynooth, so drop offs can be high when people get their 1st acceptances - there'll be lots with names down everywhere

Advertisement