Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Shop Maynooth

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

when does the ET start taking in the 2nd stream?
    We didn't get our 1st choice for JI but eventually after a year we got in.
    You never know what will happen until Sept.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Moonbeam wrote: »

I think it might be 2019, it's not next year anyway. I find it hard to believe that up to 45 applicants decline the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

They haven't even broken ground yet for the permanent building so 2019 would be the earliest.

yellow hen wrote: »
    I think it might be 2019, it's not next year anyway. I find it hard to believe that up to 45 applicants decline the place.

Believe it. It does happen. A lot of people enrol in multiple schools and decide when they get offers. They may also accept a place in one then not turn up because they got an offer from their preferred school. 3 or 4 rounds of offers would not be unusual.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

It does,people move house,put kids names down in multiple schools and change their minds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

My boys name is down from birth there. Since then we've lived in maynooth, clane, Germany, Dublin, before finally settling in naas. Lots happens in 5.5yrs!

My boys name is down from birth there. Since then we've lived in maynooth, clane, Germany, Dublin, before finally settling in naas. Lots happens in 5.5yrs!

I'll live in hope so!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Also lots of people put down their kids names for lots of different ET schools so if they get a place in the school near them they'll take that instead... fingers crossed! We have our daughters name down for 2019 but will actually be holding off until 2020 now

Also lots of people put down their kids names for lots of different ET schools so if they get a place in the school near them they'll take that instead... fingers crossed! We have our daughters name down for 2019 but will actually be holding off until 2020 now

My daughter is down for 2020 too.

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

And my daughter is down for 2020 also :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Flibble

There's a new cake shop opening in Maynooth soon. Not sure where exactly but they're saying right in the centre of Maynooth.

"Sugar Sisters"

Will be doing classes as well as party supplies and cake decorations as far as I can see

• Registered Users Posts: 68,807 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The former hairdressers down by the credit union has finally been leased so it could be there

Flibble wrote: »
    There's a new cake shop opening in Maynooth soon. Not sure where exactly but they're saying right in the centre of Maynooth.

"Sugar Sisters"

Will be doing classes as well as party supplies and cake decorations as far as I can see

I'd love to see a new bakery and deli open more so than a cake shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

L1011 wrote:
    The former hairdressers down by the credit union has finally been leased so it could be there

I think that's been taken over by one of the lads from Zeba hairdressers

KnB unit also has that it has been let; that's an awful unit for passing trade though - KnB and the bike shop before were destination shops so had less need.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

I'd love to see a new bakery and deli open more so than a cake shop.
    I'd love a branch of The Natural Bakery opening in Maynooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭dib

We could definitely do with another pizza delivery service in Maynooth. Maybe a Dominos.... :pac: :D

The Thai restaurant at Greenfield S/C was granted today; no decision letter up so can't see any conditions but one of the further info requests committed to early enough closing times.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

dib wrote: »
    We could definitely do with another pizza delivery service in Maynooth. Maybe a Dominos.... :pac: :D

Papa Johns for me is the best take out pizza in the town (Donatellos aside). That said.... I wouldn't mind a Base!

L1011 wrote: »
    The Thai restaurant at Greenfield S/C was granted today; no decision letter up so can't see any conditions but one of the further info requests committed to early enough closing times.

That is good news:)
    The noise from over there on a Saturday night can be awful but there is going to be noise no matter what.
    People seem to congregate there no matter what.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Flibble

L1011 wrote: »
    KnB unit also has that it has been let; that's an awful unit for passing trade though - KnB and the bike shop before were destination shops so had less need.

You were right! The old KnB unit is where Sugar Sisters is going.

I suppose it IS quite a destination shop, particularly for classes etc. And Decobake do quite well in Clane, which is very much a destination location where they are.

Shop fitters in at the old Tesco (to be The Range)

The interior there is completely gutted but The Range don't have complicated setups - will be interesting to see how fast they can do it.

Just wondering if anyone knows of any charities, mother and baby refuges or volunteer groups in the area of maynooth who might welcome baby/toddler tots. All brand new and in the box but I'd like to have to pass them to children in need for Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭fmc3105

What about St Vincent de Paul shops - "Vincents" one on the Main Street and one up in Greenfield Shopping Centre round from what was Xtravision. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,220 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

fmc3105 wrote: »
    What about St Vincent de Paul shops - "Vincents" one on the Main Street and one up in Greenfield Shopping Centre round from what was Xtravision. :)

There's a charity shop next to the coffee mill too. No idea what's in it, I always walk past.

Grayson wrote: »
    There's a charity shop next to the coffee mill too. No idea what's in it, I always walk past.

That's the NCBI one - they used to be where KnB was and where Sugar Sisters is going.

Just wondering if anyone knows of any charities, mother and baby refuges or volunteer groups in the area of maynooth who might welcome baby/toddler tots. All brand new and in the box but I'd like to have to pass them to children in need for Christmas.

The Toddler group would welcome toys.

The Toddler group would welcome toys.

Is that the one in the community space? Uve never been. When do they meet and I could drop them in

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭fmc3105

Anyone know what is going in to what used to be Tanseys? I see they have the windows covered over and someone was in painting?

• Advertisement

Advertisement