Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Shop Maynooth

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Moonbeam wrote: »

Ok I'll root things out. Do they want used toys also?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Heatons is closing . They have been bought by Sports Direct and are rebranding.
    There is a closing down sale on atm .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Heatons is closing . They have been bought by Sports Direct and are rebranding.
    There is a closing down sale on atm .

Yeah, was in sportsworld today and staff were busy putting up closing down sale signs on the racks. Sportsworld is basically Sports Direct. Sports direct bought Heatons years ago. I'd imagine its just a rebranding exercise as mentioned above. Same old stuff, under a new sports direct.com shop sign, no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,807 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The bigger Sports Direct stores, that generally were Heatons, still stock nearly the entire clothing range but are unlikely to have the homewares - none I've seen do anyway.

The Range, when it opens, will replace that function fairly well

Mike Ashley bought Heatons some time ago, suspect the brand will live on in more rural areas.

So will sports direct continue in the unit? I wasn't a fan of Heatons at all so I won't miss it but I would hate to see an empty unit.

Is the range definitely still opening? Looks like the little bit of work they were doing has completely stalled.

• Advertisement

yellow hen wrote: »
    So will sports direct continue in the unit? I wasn't a fan of Heatons at all so I won't miss it but I would hate to see an empty unit.

Is the range definitely still opening? Looks like the little bit of work they were doing has completely stalled.

Yes and probably - Christmas rather intervened there, pre-existing booking for the space outside for tree sales I'd imagine. Mastersons have moved their storage from the old Tesco to the unit next to theirs so there was definitely effort put in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

the protein/sports supplements shop in the Glenroyal SC seems to be gone, walked past on Wednesday evening and it looked to be completely empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

Heatons closing down sale on. Passed earlier.

Looks like I'm gonna have to go to Leixlip for my pizza.....

https://m.myhome.ie/commercial/brochure/units-1-2-the-mall-main-street-maynooth-kildare/4154694

Gatehouse for sale too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

ixus wrote: »
    Looks like I'm gonna have to go to Leixlip for my pizza.....

https://m.myhome.ie/commercial/brochure/units-1-2-the-mall-main-street-maynooth-kildare/4154694

Gatehouse for sale too.

Donatello’s is apparently moving to a unit on the Main Street

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,031 ✭✭✭Patser

Donatello’s is apparently moving to a unit on the Main Street

Moving into Oak Alley restaurant, Oak Alley will be a cocktail bar only upstairs

• Registered Users Posts: 30 1world1people

The Range is holding Interviews in the Glenroyal on 16/17 January. Still on course.

Former Tanseys seems to have reopened - as what I don't know as I didn't drive past it

Lots of various fitout company vehicles outside The Range (Old Tesco) this week. The prices for their DIY items are pretty sharp compared to Barretts but opening hours are likely to be better. Barretts do make all the big chains look dear for most items though.

L1011 wrote: »
    Former Tanseys seems to have reopened - as what I don't know as I didn't drive past it

Lots of various fitout company vehicles outside The Range (Old Tesco) this week. The prices for their DIY items are pretty sharp compared to Barretts but opening hours are likely to be better. Barretts do make all the big chains look dear for most items though.

Probably 70% of stock in the range is housewares and decorative stuff as opposed to DIY so I don't think they'll be damaged if people continue to go to Barretts.

I thought I read here before that Donatellos was closing but I saw a notice today that they're moving to the main street? Where is that does anyone know? It's hardly the hairdressers beside the library is it? Also see the library is getting some work done.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Flibble

They're moving into Oak Alley, which is just going to reduce to a cocktail bar upstairs I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,624 ✭✭✭TheBody

Tansey’s looks like a coffee shop now. I walked past it last week.

Flibble wrote: »
    They're moving into Oak Alley, which is just going to reduce to a cocktail bar upstairs I believe.

Yep.

The Range is holding Interviews in the Glenroyal on 16/17 January. Still on course.

Heard from someone interviewed that they expect the range maynooth to be the busiest in ireland? Busier than liffey valley!

Well they would want to reconfigure car park then. Can be hard to tell where the parking spaces begin and end in that section.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Lastblackdog

Heard from someone interviewed that they expect the range maynooth to be the busiest in ireland? Busier than liffey valley!

Did they get any indication of an actual opening date?

• Advertisement

ixus wrote: »
    Well they would want to reconfigure car park then. Can be hard to tell where the parking spaces begin and end in that section.

Only one real problem - there's spaces painted across what was clearly built as an aisle towards the other side of the centre. Block or repaint and that'll be sorted

Did they get any indication of an actual opening date?

3rd week in march i think. Coild be big boost for the fruit and veg shop etc!

I dunno how many potential Range shoppers will be looking for the stuff that row has. Masterson's and coynes get regular local trade and post office traffic (pension day etc) which is probably much more useful. Masterson's can be very busy at some times on weekends

Something on a more local scale to fill the uniform unit would help more - trend in the town would suggest a coffee shop!

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Flibble

The Rye Gallery down near the Roost is gone/going.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

Planning permission to turn Londis into a restaurant. Which is very odd, thought the shop would do great business next to the bus stop.

Flibble wrote: »
    The Rye Gallery down near the Roost is gone/going.
    The sign said they were moving....any idea where to? Admittedly I've never bought anything there but I'm sure it'll be well missed.

Rye Gallery only moved in to the town recently enough (from Leixlip).

Tanseys now seems to be called Coffee 4 or 4 Coffee; former Twist looks open too?

Had trouble finding anywhere with a seat to get food on both Saturday and Sunday around midday - the restaurant and cafe boom seems justified.

L1011 wrote: »
    Rye Gallery only moved in to the town recently enough (from Leixlip).

Tanseys now seems to be called Coffee 4 or 4 Coffee; former Twist looks open too?

Had trouble finding anywhere with a seat to get food on both Saturday and Sunday around midday - the restaurant and cafe boom seems justified.

Is Twist not La Brasserie now or where is that place? Saw their menu and it looks really nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Rathkenny

Is Twist not La Brasserie now or where is that place? Saw their menu and it looks really nice.

Yes La Brasserie is where Twist used to be. It looks amazing on their Facebook page. Looking forward to checking in out.

https://m.facebook.com/LaBrasserie-379156219187640/

• Advertisement

If those interior pics are accurate, its a fairly unimaginable transformation.

Advertisement