Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Shop Maynooth

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

L1011 wrote: »
    If those interior pics are accurate, its a fairly unimaginable transformation.

Huge differences to what Twist was. Walked past it yesterday and I couldn't believe it tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

lordgoat wrote: »
    Huge differences to what Twist was. Walked past it yesterday and I couldn't believe it tbh.

Isn't it? I also think the menu has stepped in dining in Maynooth. Really looking forward to trying it. Not sure this link will open
    https://scontent-dub4-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/27073270_404831366620125_6684355869911924327_n.jpg?oh=25c085e2a76e10462569961a35ed5b4e&oe=5B26ED67

• Registered Users Posts: 68,807 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Holland and Barrett going inside Tesco. Wonder will they retain the standalone at Manor Mills

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Trying to get out of the Glenroyal carpark today was unreal. Heard there will be another lane and a filter light set up there in a few weeks.

beertons wrote: »
    Trying to get out of the Glenroyal carpark today was unreal. Heard there will be another lane and a filter light set up there in a few weeks.

New lane - no, lights, yes - well, assuming KCC actually follow through on their design. Was promised as part of the new lights for the emergency services road.

There is already a decent length of left turn lane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

As in 3 lanes or a lane with no lights? A bit confused. Don't see how either would work.

A left turn with no lights? That doesn't work with pedestrian crossings. The angle is poor for visibility to the right. I can't visualize this right now.

No new lanes anywhere.

The existing exit has two lanes. There will be a left filter light.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Rathkenny

My understanding is that the left turn coming out of the Glenroyal will have a green filter light when the cars coming from Straffan direction are turning right into the Glenroyal. Is that correct?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

No new lanes anywhere.

The existing exit has two lanes. There will be a left filter light.

And about f**king time too. No matter what a certain traffic planner in KCC said previously.

What really gets my goat though is that they could have done the pre-work for this when doing the cyclelane-path a few months ago but now have closed that lane to do it now.

Manic in manor mills looks closed although it could be some severe refit

• Advertisement

Manic in manor mills looks closed although it could be some severe refit

It closed on Friday. I'm living here 2 years and I never set foot in the door so personally won't miss it but hope something takes the space soon

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭fmc3105

Not Londis, but what was the barber shop on the opposite corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

fmc3105 wrote: »
    Not Londis, but what was the barber shop on the opposite corner.

Used to be a Cab office upstairs, and O'Sullivan's estate agents previously.

I believe there's another barbers going in where The Rye Gallery was

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Just saw Donnatellos has completed its move into Oak Alley, has anyone been in yet ? Are there any changes to the menu etc ?

Planning in to change the upstairs bar in O'Neills in to a restaurant.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Colking wrote: »
    Just saw Donnatellos has completed its move into Oak Alley, has anyone been in yet ? Are there any changes to the menu etc ?

The menu is on their Facebook page if you want to have a look. We’re going on Saturday, looking forward to it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Sunny dry-cleaners opening in the Glenroyal shopping centre where the sports supplement place used to be. I think before that it was another dry-cleaning place.
    no idea if they're keeping their current premises on the main street too.

Sports direct have done a great job on the new store, not sure about the TK maxx style shop upstairs though. Seen a sign on the side of the shop at the bus stop for an Indian restaurant, anyone know any more about that? Mams it's called

The Londis at the bus stop was looking for planning for a restaurant and is owned by subcontinental Asians (not going to guess which country) so I'd imagine that's it?

I need an optician fairly urgently. My own optician is in Dublin and I really need to get one more local anyway. Off the ones in maynooth, who would you recommend?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,624 ✭✭✭TheBody

yellow hen wrote: »
    I need an optician fairly urgently. My own optician is in Dublin and I really need to get one more local anyway. Off the ones in maynooth, who would you recommend?

I go to David Gildea on Fagans Lane. A absolute gentleman. (01) 629 0370

TheBody wrote: »
    I go to David Gildea on Fagans Lane. A absolute gentleman. (01) 629 0370

Thank you, that's good enough for me.

I've been to both Gildea's and Mullins & Henry, and they're both lovely to deal with

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

The Londis at the bus stop was looking for planning for a restaurant and is owned by subcontinental Asians (not going to guess which country) so I'd imagine that's it?

Are you sure? I thought it was the building across Buckley Lane from the Londis, that was recently a barbers. But then again, I'm not even sure why I think that.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I highly recommend Gildea,he is brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭fmc3105

It's not the Londis but the barber shop opposite that are applying for planning permission.

Yes, it is the now very recently former barbers (and estate agent many moons before). Must check planning maps myself rather than reading what other people have written...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

Yes, it is the now very recently former barbers (and estate agent many moons before). Must check planning maps myself rather than reading what other people have written...

And a pet grooming salon.

I'm sure when I read the planning notice it said Buckley House, and that's Londis, isn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

The Range is having it's grand opening on the 30th March.
    https://www.facebook.com/events/1660972097329785/

• Advertisement

Is chill any way decent anymore? Just need something and cheerful with the kids this eve

Advertisement